Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cheap controller ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Reactions: init6 and Karlcole
PowerA Wired Controller is what I purchased last week, cost me around £20ish from Smiths, then purchased a Nonda usb-C to USB-A adapter which works a treat and is small, that was around another £6 so not too bad and works great on the games I've tested (Sonic, Cuphead, Beach Driving)

Adding a hin
I guess this becomes a moot point if they start putting power only usb-c into those delivered without them? What do we do then to use a game controller?

Most elegant solution is likely a usb hub in the glovebox with a wireless controller usb adaptor, along with usb sticks for sentry and music - or even a custom lightshow. Apart from that, data on the usb c ports isn't really all that important.

Glovebox isn't really big enough for gloves, hats and scarves anyway.

Reactions: dburkland
Adding a hin

Most elegant solution is likely a usb hub in the glovebox with a wireless controller usb adaptor, along with usb sticks for sentry and music - or even a custom lightshow. Apart from that, data on the usb c ports isn't really all that important.

Glovebox isn't really big enough for gloves, hats and scarves anyway.

Do you already use a wireless controller and wireless USB adapter combination ... recommendation?

Do you already use a wireless controller and wireless USB adapter combination ... recommendation?

Yep sure do, I have the 8bitdo wireless adapter (about £15 on Amazon uk) and at the moment a "borrowed" from the kids PS4 dualshock controller.

I haven't tried every game to be honest, Cuphead and Sonic works for example.

I needed to ensure the adaptor is on the latest firmware (download from their website) and set to "x-input" by pressing share and up on the PS4 controller.

After changing the x-input mode, I think I needed to reboot the car.

But works really well, just need to press the PS button on the controller to connect now.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
I wouldn't recommend the MSI Force GC20 wired controller or GC30 wireless controller. These used to work, but not anymore. If anyone knows of a solution to get this working, I would very much appreciate your wise knowledge.