Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Check your lights and your levels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Neilio

Jul 8, 2020
Brentford
Before big trips in an ICE vehicle I used to enjoy the ritual of the check you had to make before a big journey. Lights, tyre pressure and all your fluids.

Tesla has taken away some of that routine joy. Reading the tyre pressure sensor and sticking screenwash in just isn't the same!

Can we invent some new ones for EV owners?

• Check the type 2 cable for cracks
  • Plan Charge stops
etc...

Reactions: Beady3647
check you have the 72 different charge cards that you may need, even though you are only going 100 miles on familiar routes.

Also check you have your key fob, key cards and phone just in case they all stop working. Oh no, what if they all stop working ? Leave one key fob at home. What happens if I lose one ? Oh god.
Haha yeah the charge cards thing is a big one. I ordered, I believe, 5734 different cards before my car had even arrived. You can guarantee the one I need will be the 5735th company on my list!

Now you've got me worried about keys...

I'll have to check the fob again, and again and again.

• Funny
Reactions: boater291
  • Check for software updates, wouldn't want to go on a long trip with an update pending.
  • Check the UMC still works and you haven't lost the bit with the plug.
  • Memorise all public charging near the destination, validate with ZapMap and PlugShare which have had recent sucessful Model 3 charges.
  • Make sure you are aware of any EV freebies at the destination, like free parking.
  • Plan podcasts
  • Thoroughly clean car, the slicker the better mileage.
  • If range for any section is questionable refit the Aero covers