Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chipex for scratches!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So a very kind person opened their door straight into the side of my M3 at the supermarket. Which left a very visible and quite deep ding on my door (including a tiny dent).

Decided to go down the Chipex route (www.chipex.co.uk). I havent had much luck in the past with the DIY paint kits before but the reviews for Chipex look good.

The results are fantastic! If you didn't know it was there I don't think you would see it. My girlfriend actually checked the other side when she couldnt see where the scratch was! There is a tiny dent where it was knocked which is the only give away when the light hits it just right. I have had to take a few photos of the repair just to be able to see where the scratch was.

IMG_20200419_193356.jpg IMG_20200419_193359.jpg MVIMG_20200419_200618~2.jpg

The imbeciles that dictate the spacing of parking lines deserve medieval motivation.
I know right It's almost like they are trying to cram as many customers / employees cars into their car parks as possible with more concern for the number than the risk of damage to individuals cars for which they will accept no liability!
Personally I have never done so much walking as I do now from the furthest empty corner of every car park I visit. Though I appreciate that half empty carparks are not a luxury everyone had prior to lockdown dependant on where you live/drive

Reactions: Wol747
Heard great things about ChipEx, and the detailer guy I use recommended it also.

I'm perplexed as to how it works, given that it seems that to use it you have to apply it liberally and then wipe off the excess. It doesn't seem like it should work that well, but photos like the ones in this thread speak for themselves!

So a very kind person opened their door straight into the side of my M3 at the supermarket. Which left a very visible and quite deep ding on my door (including a tiny dent).

Decided to go down the Chipex route (www.chipex.co.uk). I havent had much luck in the past with the DIY paint kits before but the reviews for Chipex look good.

The results are fantastic! If you didn't know it was there I don't think you would see it. My girlfriend actually checked the other side when she couldnt see where the scratch was! There is a tiny dent where it was knocked which is the only give away when the light hits it just right. I have had to take a few photos of the repair just to be able to see where the scratch was.

View attachment 536391 View attachment 536400 View attachment 536401

I had the front wrapped but didn't do the doors. I'm wondering if door wrap prevents Chipex from doing its magic?

Heard great things about ChipEx, and the detailer guy I use recommended it also.

I'm perplexed as to how it works, given that it seems that to use it you have to apply it liberally and then wipe off the excess. It doesn't seem like it should work that well, but photos like the ones in this thread speak for themselves!
What I really like about it is it's idiot proof. If you mess up just use the solution provided and give it a decent rub and you can start again (as long as you realise you have messed up).

Did you speak to Chipex about it? I would have thought black would have been easier to match that the metallic colours but what do I know!

I didn't, I just put it down to me doing it wrong and put the kit in the garage.

Your repair looks great though! - The amount of stone chips I've got now, I might have to give it another try

Slightly OT, but on subject of chipex, anyone got any Model 3/Tesla experience of their screen wash or similar products as a dynamic alternative to say Rain-X? Aquaphobic Rain Repellant Car Screen Wash 1L | Chipex UK especially the " Removes smears and other markings" bit.
I use Gtechniq stuff for my glass and think it's brilliant. Different people will use different versions but I use G4 to clean the glass and then apply G5 after. Obviously neither of those are screenwashes but work much better than rainx for me!