Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Choosing a song

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to be able to press the right wheel and ask the car to play a song - it worked all the time.

Since the Apple Music update more often than not it will give me a choice of songs/albums with the Music pop up, which is pretty distracting and annoying - I have not changed any setting (I do have an apple music subscription)

Is it anything I have done or need to do?

I used to be able to press the right wheel and ask the car to play a song - it worked all the time.

Since the Apple Music update more often than not it will give me a choice of songs/albums with the Music pop up, which is pretty distracting and annoying - I have not changed any setting (I do have an apple music subscription)

Is it anything I have done or need to do?
Did you try Siri directly rather than going thro’ Tesla and what the result was? Since AM app my guess is you are using multiple interfaces but before that you were using the bluetooth connection to your phone. I don’t know whether that has any effect.

I have the same thing happen when I ask the Tesla voice assistant for a song, also since enabling Apple Music. Frustratingly it’s also not consistent - sometimes it will play a song when requested and display the search results another time. For the same song.

Note - I’m usually requesting song and artist. Don’t know if that makes a difference or not.

Try asking the song you want on Apple Music.

A song I like is called arcade. If I say play arcade it opens the games part of the toy box. If I say play arcade on Spotify it works. May be worth clarifying the song you want is on AM