Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what I'm going for. But on a Model 3 and without the roof racks and with the 18" aeros ...
img_6838-jpg.248102

Yea, that's pretty much what I'm thinking until next summer.....when maybe I look for some lightweight 19's or 20's

This is what I'm going for. But on a Model 3 and without the roof racks and with the 18" aeros ...
img_6838-jpg.248102

Where on earth did you find that picture!?!

You are in Ohio and that is MY CAR parked at my daughter's soccer game in Newport Beach CA!!!

And by the way my window chrome is blacked out with PlastiDip and all other parts are from Mark at RPM Tesla. His products are perfect, easy to install and very well priced! I cannot give a more positive endorsement for RPM Tesla!

Just buy precut Carbon fiber patterns from RPM Tesla, and put them on yourself.

cd0434_d1dbe248c3114b83be30b8979314d1f9~mv2_d_3016_1537_s_2.jpeg

RPM Tesla make them all for owners like us to install. My husband put on 5 of our items himself, including these today.
cd0434_adeb712947b2458593b123160928e439~mv2.jpg

cd0434_72459eb2439849e7bae2f99f88088397.jpg
Thanks for posting these. I'll have to take a look. I would've liked color matching door handles but I doubt I'd be able to match the Multi-coat Red.

You are in Ohio and that is MY CAR parked at my daughter's soccer game in Newport Beach CA!!!

And by the way my window chrome is blacked out with PlastiDip and all other parts are from Mark at RPM Tesla. His products are perfect, easy to install and very well priced! I cannot give a more positive endorsement for RPM Tesla!

Really?! I had no idea. It was originally posted on this site a couple of months ago, here: Order email from Tesla

Your car looks awesome!! how much tint is on the windows? Did you do the plastiDip yourself? Did you remove all the chrome or just tape things off?

I would say the opposite actually, a worthwhile shop will take the time an effort to disassemble everything they can to provide the best wrap/coverage. Those who are trying to offer discounted rate will skip those steps to save time.

Same as a paint shop. Macco and the like just mask off whatever they don't want to be painted, while the good paint shops will remove everything they can.
I would disagree with you.

I don't know what is your experience as wrap installer but let me tell you something. Taking parts off the car to wrap them if it is not necessary is waste of time, taking risk of damage and making your job way harder. Let's talk about mirrors for example. If you take it down to wrap there is nothing to hold it steady for you - on the car the mirror stays still since the car holds it for you. The bumper off the car is torture - it flexes like crazy

Never worked on model 3 but wrapped quite a few model S. The only part I remove is the blinkers on the front gender because I don't want to fight with them and they go out in 30 seconds a peace.

Well trained installer knows how to do it without taking the car apart

Reactions: Drivesolo and T34ME
Really?! I had no idea. It was originally posted on this site a couple of months ago, here: Order email from Tesla

Your car looks awesome!! how much tint is on the windows? Did you do the plastiDip yourself? Did you remove all the chrome or just tape things off?
I had the windows done at "A Terrific Tint" in Mission Viejo. Their prices are competitive, do great work and use the best product. They have done all my cars and I have always been happy. I did the PlastiDip myself. There is a good video on YouTube that shows Fonzi from DipYourCar doing a Model S and I followed the same tips. I will likely have it re-done in vinyl because it has been pulled up twice (once by the Tint guys who were being very careful and yesterday by Tesla Service Detailers who hit it with a buffer) and I had to re-tape and re-spray twice (There is also a good video on DipYouCar on how to touch up PlatiDip). There is no need to remove any trim when Spraying Dip or laying vinyl. The only reason yo would take a car apart is if you are wrapping the whole car.

I would disagree with you.

I don't know what is your experience as wrap installer but let me tell you something. Taking parts off the car to wrap them if it is not necessary is waste of time, taking risk of damage and making your job way harder. Let's talk about mirrors for example. If you take it down to wrap there is nothing to hold it steady for you - on the car the mirror stays still since the car holds it for you. The bumper off the car is torture - it flexes like crazy

Never worked on model 3 but wrapped quite a few model S. The only part I remove is the blinkers on the front gender because I don't want to fight with them and they go out in 30 seconds a peace.

Well trained installer knows how to do it without taking the car apart

Yep. I've made the mistake of taking off a side mirror on a car to wrap it and it was far more difficult that doing it on the car. Depending on the car and mirror, rolling the window down and/or bending the mirror forward (if possible) is a big help. The toughest part, if relevant is getting the bottom of the mirror right.

Are the RPM Tesla vinyls matte black or satin black? This is definitely the look I'm going for as well.

Black Model 3 with Chrome Delete
Because of the way the Model 3 door handles work, unlike how the Model S's do, they must get pressed forcefully (which is normally going to turn into a sheering force that could lead to sliding) on the exposed surface every time you open the door. How well does the wrap material tend to hold up to this kind of traffic? Is it likely that the door would "need" to get wrapped every year or such?

Last edited:

I took the picture when I was passing by! I live close by. I was asking everyone to see what kind of wheels those were.
The color combo and the wheels are perfect complements to each other. I think your grey is different than the current midnight silver. I searched the internet for days to find your wheels with no luck!
I ended up ordering my M3 last Friday, Midnight silver with Aeros. I’ll use the aeros for a while and see how I like them. If not, I’m definately interested to know what wheels those are.

Question for those who have had the chrome delete done with wrap (as opposed to paint or plasti-dip) - are the undersides of your door handles wrapped? I had the chrome delete done and the underside of my door handles are not fully wrapped, which is fine aesthetically because no one will ever be looking at the underside of the door handles, but not great tactilely because the wrap seams there can be felt every time you use the handles.

That's dope. I love your rims. So did you platidip the Chrome around the Window yourself or did someone do that for you? I like this look. Good to know you did the RPM Tesla parts as well.

F0277922-95F5-49CA-80B7-71680B1AB366.jpeg
B2CB1141-FB9B-4544-AE80-F414D5230A7F.jpeg
6F15C946-DC7E-43EA-AEE6-E6C0420AC3EB.jpeg
680C6AFA-A981-4F9C-8337-195F93D58476.jpeg
My boy saved the day again! Wife’s friend opened her door and put the first gouge in her. Jaison took care of it! He did all my work, tint, PPF, chrome delete, and ceramic coating! If your anywhere close to Pittsburgh this is your new detailer!
I’ve got 70k miles and it still looks great!