Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kind of an oddball question but I'm sure someone has thought of it.

I put in my application on Sept 14th, with plans to purchase the car in January. But now I'm finding that Tesla only does deliveries end of quarter which would put me at March for my delivery. Does the grant only get redeemed once you pick up the car, or do I just need to contact my SA when I get the grant letter and they'll redeem it as soon as I have it and add to my order?

I'm finding myself kind of hoping i don't get the approval letter till december at this point because of this worry.
After you purchase the car, the grant gets redeemed by tesla not before. They will apply it on your account before they have the money so you can drive off with your grant deduction but they get the actual money after you buy it and CVAP confirms apr and sale details

Applied 8/5 and nothing yet. Checked with CVAP today and got the official "may take 90days or longer" response.

Tesla SA knew the program back in Aug and knew it will take at least 6 weeks or more.
She suggested to:
order the car and applied the grant => finish all deliver information but don't fill out the financial option on Tesla website => get approval and send her the approval package => apply loan/finish the ordering process => once the car is ready she will apply the grant and life is good.

The problem now is, the SA seems to be fired or quit and I cannot reach her anymore. lol

Hi everyone! :)
I am so thankful for this thread! It has helped make the "waiting game" more tolerable since I can see I am not the only one who feels like they are in the longest Disneyland line EVER. :eek:
I applied August 17th and still am waiting to hear back about my application. I had to delay my Tesla delivery last week but hopefully, it will end up being worth the wait.

I am so thankful for this thread! It has helped make the "waiting game" more tolerable since I can see I am not the only one who feels like they are in the longest Disneyland line EVER. :eek:
I applied August 17th and still am waiting to hear back about my application. I had to delay my Tesla delivery last week but hopefully, it will end up being worth the wait.

I think I’d rather be waiting in the longest line at Disneyland instead of this :D

And yeah, I was upset and frustrated with having to delay delivery, but I’m sort of over it now lol

same, I applied in 8/12, haven’t heard anything yet, still just waiting

Got my approval packet via email today. Originally started my application July 8th, but didn't complete it because I didn't see Tesla on the approved dealer list. Learned that they got approved in mid-September and completed my application Sept 24th. So I would have to guess that they take applications based on the date started, not necessarily when it was completed.

EDIT: I also received this text from Tesla a couple of days ago, so the timing appears to be perfect:

Tesla Update - We are reaching out regarding your Model Y order, RNXXXXXXXX, which is currently still on hold.

Please reply OCTOBER if you would like to take delivery this month and a Tesla representative will reach out to discuss next steps. We'll keep your order on hold until you reach out, so please reply if you would like to take delivery soon.

Got my approval packet via email today. Originally started my application July 8th, but didn't complete it because I didn't see Tesla on the approved dealer list. Learned that they got approved in mid-September and completed my application Sept 24th. So I would have to guess that they take applications based on the date started, not necessarily when it was completed.

EDIT: I also received this text from Tesla a couple of days ago, so the timing appears to be perfect:

Tesla Update - We are reaching out regarding your Model Y order, RNXXXXXXXX, which is currently still on hold.

Please reply OCTOBER if you would like to take delivery this month and a Tesla representative will reach out to discuss next steps. We'll keep your order on hold until you reach out, so please reply if you would like to take delivery soon.

Awesome and congrats! I'm August 19 (started and completed) which puts me at 2 days past 7 (long) weeks of waiting thus far. I got the same text yesterday as well. Replied with the same OCTOBER as well. Please update us on your experience actually getting the grant amount applied to your vehicle account.

Awesome and congrats! I'm August 19 (started and completed) which puts me at 2 days past 7 (long) weeks of waiting thus far. I got the same text yesterday as well. Replied with the same OCTOBER as well. Please update us on your experience actually getting the grant amount applied to your vehicle account.

Now I just need to make sure they don't try to deliver a rejected vehicle to me. Not sure how to do that. By looking at the build date?

Just got a response from CVAP with an update:

"Thank you for reaching out. I checked your account and your application is in the final decision stage! There isn’t a set turnaround time at the moment since we have been experiencing delays. At this moment, it can take up to 2-8 weeks to receive a decision. Your application will not expire until it is reviewed."

Good luck...waiting sucks but will wait for the rebate...lol

"Thank you for reaching out. I checked your account and your application is in the final decision stage! There isn’t a set turnaround time at the moment since we have been experiencing delays. At this moment, it can take up to 2-8 weeks to receive a decision. Your application will not expire until it is reviewed."

That's excellent news! I submitted my app on the 19th of Aug. The 6 - 8-week approval time window seems like what most on this board have been experiencing. Tesla just placed me back in the queue for delivery two days ago. It would be awesome to receive grant approval and a delivery date next week. Thanks for sharing and keep us posted!

I think they mean it could take 2-8 weeks when you were "finally" in the final decision stage. Although you submitted all the paperwork, it still take a long time to verify lol.

I'm 2 weeks ahead of you, and never heard a reply.

When did you apply and complete? Thank you

I think they mean it could take 2-8 weeks when you were "finally" in the final decision stage. Although you submitted all the paperwork, it still take a long time to verify lol.

I'm 2 weeks ahead of you, and never heard a reply.

I hope not, I don’t think so, because she was answering my question on the current timeline for new applications.
Wanted to know if its still the same timeframe or not.