Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery at some point this upcoming week most likely. The issue is it’s a new program and it’s so limited in scope that Tesla hasn’t had much experience with it at the multitude of Tesla service centers. I don’t fault them. I just have to work a bit to get them to figure it out.

Worst case scenario you go on Sunday with all the paper work filled out and have to sit for a bit while they figure it out at the delivery center. I would bring a copy of your signed CVAP letter all pages, print out from Tesla’s own website saying they accept the CVAP grant (google - Tesla incentives by state) its right there under California on their website.
I have sent all paperwork and talked to sales. Not much more I can do the car is ready but will not give appointments to pick up until I have paid my balance.

I applied for my grant back in June and received in July. I am glad I waited as soon as I discovered the grant can be used at Tesla I thought for a bit and ordered the Sept 17th and picked up 10 days later. Nobody could help me with paper work toward down payment only when car/financing was done were they able to apply it in 15 min. Program rather new just trust it will happen in end. Fantastic program. Now hoping instead of $1000 evgo card maybe supercharging credit? Ha ha

It could have to do with the documentation that was submitted. I wonder if some people submit various forms of documentation and that could be what prolongs or speeds up the process of verification for them. What’s interesting is that they state on their website they can’t check with IRS due to COVID but I wonder if that means they are only using applicant submitted documents. And how would they “verify”. Anyway, just thinking out loud. It would be nice if there was a more specific timeline but it’s free money so I guess we can’t get too picky. Please let us know when you hear back. i applied September 1st so your August 1st makes me worry it’s going to be much longer for me.

I emailed to them twice, same response.. "Your application is in line to be reviewed" ...

I

I had applied July 23 and was approved and got my approval packet my email only on August 30

Congrats on the new car! That’s interesting though... last week they said they were only just finishing up the July applications. I wonder why it took them almost all of September to finish up the last 8 days of July... :rolleyes:

I’m going on week 7 this Friday and I still haven’t heard anything from them :(

I’m sure they are processing in order they came in unless documents aren’t aligned. What I sent over by email was my 2019 w2 as well as my tax forms I sent to IRS. Hope this helps guide some people who are wondering how to send income verification.

Hello Guys:

New post here, but paid closely attention to this thread.
Here is my timeline to share, wish it helped.
Ordered MY on AUG 11 and applied the grant same time.
SEP 25 MY ready to deliver
Emailed CVAP got the reply "in line of review, still reviewing July applications.
Had to unmatch because there is no way they can put you ahead of line.
Very sad to see the VIN is gone, but 5000 is big money.
Please keep updated if you heard anything and you applied on August
Lets pray together we will receive the grant soon.

I’m sure they are processing in order they came in unless documents aren’t aligned. What I sent over by email was my 2019 w2 as well as my tax forms I sent to IRS. Hope this helps guide some people who are wondering how to send income verification.

Yup! I hope that’s the actual process...and also maybe it isn’t fair to assume that they’re just being lazy at this point...

But yeah, when I first submitted my application I only attached my W2, but after asking if I need to submit any additional documents, someone from their office recommended that I also submit a tax transcript. I emailed that to them and got confirmation that it was attached to my application.

I’m just waiting impatiently at this point lol

Quick update of sorts for all of you, I tweeted them and they sent me this response. I applied Sept 1st and will update if/when I hear anything.
tweet1.jpg
tweet2.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
I applied on August 19th, which puts me right in the 6 to 8-week processing timeframe others have experienced. I order an MY on August 22nd and had to push back delivery scheduled for Sept 20th until after Oct 5th. Fingers crossed for mid-Oct grant approval and MY delivery date.

I applied on August 19th, which puts me right in the 6 to 8-week processing timeframe others have experienced. I order an MY on August 22nd and had to push back delivery scheduled for Sept 20th until after Oct 5th. Fingers crossed for mid-Oct grant approval and MY delivery date.

I’m not that far off from you. Just emailed them again to see if they can provide ETA, but worried that they won’t be able to. Hopefully it’s sooner than later!

I’m not that far off from you. Just emailed them again to see if they can provide ETA, but worried that they won’t be able to. Hopefully it’s sooner than later!

I just emailed them again too, I attached a copy of my official '19 Tax return transcripts from IRS.gov along with my '19 W2's. I don't want them to have to delay processing because they missing something.

I applied Sept. 3rd have not heard any updates, patiently waiting. Can anybody provide any feedback on the GRID alternative level 2 charger installation grant. Seems like a no brainer to install the Tesla charger, do you have to buy the charger from Tesla and then get reimbursed?

Kind of an oddball question but I'm sure someone has thought of it.

I put in my application on Sept 14th, with plans to purchase the car in January. But now I'm finding that Tesla only does deliveries end of quarter which would put me at March for my delivery. Does the grant only get redeemed once you pick up the car, or do I just need to contact my SA when I get the grant letter and they'll redeem it as soon as I have it and add to my order?

I'm finding myself kind of hoping i don't get the approval letter till december at this point because of this worry.

Just took delivery of my model 3! They ended up fixing the grant disappearance before delivery and it showed up as “EV incentives -$5,000.00” just like another user mentioned.

If your grant disappears after it’s been applied they can fix it on delivery day. The Tesla rep told me they note it down on your account but just to make sure, you can send the grant approval packet info to your delivery location email once you get a delivery date/location that way they will have it if it needs to be added last minute for whatever reason.

Reactions: Dpal90