Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the CVRP (Clean Vehicle Rebate Program) has the 2021 model 3 approved? I applied for the CVAP (Clean Vehicle Assistance Program) back in 8/28/2020 and just got approved on 10/28/2020. The same day I put my tesla order in was the same day that I input my application for the CVAP since I found out the same exact day that I had to get approved by them before I got a Tesla. My first delivery date was set for September 25th, but I asked them if I could get re-matched and I have been waiting for my new Tesla delivery date. Do you guys think the new Model 3 is worth waiting for, or should I just get the 2020 Model?

Does anyone know if the CVRP (Clean Vehicle Rebate Program) has the 2021 model 3 approved? I applied for the CVAP (Clean Vehicle Assistance Program) back in 8/28/2020 and just got approved on 10/28/2020. The same day I put my tesla order in was the same day that I input my application for the CVAP since I found out the same exact day that I had to get approved by them before I got a Tesla. My first delivery date was set for September 25th, but I asked them if I could get re-matched and I have been waiting for my new Tesla delivery date. Do you guys think the new Model 3 is worth waiting for, or should I just get the 2020 Model?

It should be listed on the CVRP website. As of right now, the only ones eligible for the M3 are years 2017-2020.

Hopefully the 2021 will be approved for both M3 and MY soon!

SO I posted this in another forum but is it correct that you can't get delivery of a vehicle whenever you want?

My SA told me that they can't deliver a car in FEB because it's not a delivery window but they have cars in Jan and March..

Also the forums told me that they only deliver in those end of quarter months March June..

I'm so confused. I'll call my SA this weekend to see

SO I posted this in another forum but is it correct that you can't get delivery of a vehicle whenever you want?

My SA told me that they can't deliver a car in FEB because it's not a delivery window but they have cars in Jan and March..

Also the forums told me that they only deliver in those end of quarter months March June..

My SA said that for SoCal deliveries, they only deliver on the last month of the quarter (March, June, September, December). Not sure how accurate that is?

Reactions: everydaychris

So it’s not entirely true, but it’s not entirely false either. They don’t ONLY deliver cars in March or June. While it’s highly improbable, it’s not impossible that you could take delivery in FEB if you ask for it.

Based on previous CA deliveries, the majority of orders in the West Coast are delivered at the end of the quarter. Tesla doesn’t hold on to a fully built vehicle until you’re ready for delivery. They will assign it to someone else so that they can sell it faster.

Now, just because the majority of CA orders aren’t delivered until the end of each quarter doesn’t mean that you don’t have a chance of getting one delivered mid-quarter.

It’s honestly based on supply, demand, and how Tesla handles its logistics. They aren’t going to time making a car in your configuration when you’re ready to take delivery. You’ll have to wait until the next batch of cars in your configuration is made.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I hope this made sense.

Reactions: everydaychris