Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I applied to CVAP on Sept 15. Haven’t heard anything yet but it seems like they are finally on September applications. Should I order the Model 3 now? Is it correct that you have 90 days to purchase a car once you get the grant?

From my experience, they haven’t been very responsive through email. It always took maybe 5 days to get a response. I’ve been calling every two or so weeks for an update and calling has always been mor

Just makes me curious then... seems that they don’t process by application start date or by submission date.

This is putting me in an even more sour mood. It’s hard for me to relax when those who submitted applications two weeks after I did are getting approvals and I still haven’t heard back.

So much for processing applications as they are received... I think it’s time to give them another call for an update. :(
Yikes. That does suck.

I emailed someone when I'd get my email packet and got a response 2 days later.

I used this email:
[email protected]

Got all my stuff in the email

Hi guys, I applied to CVAP on Sept 15. Haven’t heard anything yet but it seems like they are finally on September applications. Should I order the Model 3 now? Is it correct that you have 90 days to purchase a car once you get the grant?

Seems like we both got lucky and got stuck with a slow employee lol

And to answer your question, you have 90 days in addition to the normal 35 days. So in total, you have a total of 125 days to purchase a car after getting approval!

Seems like we both got lucky and got stuck with a slow employee lol

And to answer your question, you have 90 days in addition to the normal 35 days. So in total, you have a total of 125 days to purchase a car after getting approval!

Applied 1st week of September and still no response. Honestly the people at CVAP sucks. How hard is it go through 800 application in 3 months with 15-20 people behind it.?

they're giving you 5k towards your new vehicle...just be a little patient bro lol. sheesh

No their not. The 5k is coming from a state-funded source. CVAP employees are just the people task with processing applications which isn't exactly rocket science. I called their office on Tuesday and finally managed to get someone on the line. She was able to instantly pull up my application, compare my income to the mandated cut-off, verify all of my submitted docs had been received and attached to my application, and tell me I meet the requirements for approval. What she couldn't tell me was why the person assigned to process my application hadn't been able to complete the processing of my app (Aug 19th) when we are already seeing those that applied after me get their apps approved. She did say she was going to place a note on my application and inform a supervisor.

I don't believe the 'work' is what's taking so long. I think it's the people doing the work. If you give some people 90 days to complete a job that could be done in 45 days rest assured some will take 90 days...

Furthermore if CVAP states every app will be processed in the order it's received and suddenly people who applied weeks after you are receiving approvals while you're still waiting any complaints are valid.

Last edited:
No their not. The 5k is coming from a state-funded source. CVAP employees are just the people task with processing applications which isn't exactly rocket science. I called their office on Tuesday and finally managed to get someone on the line. She was able to instantly pull up my application, compare my income to the mandated cut-off, verify all of my submitted docs had been received and attached to my application, and tell me I meet the requirements for approval. What she couldn't tell me was why the person assigned to process my application hadn't been able to complete the processing of my app (Aug 19th) when we are already seeing those that applied after me get their apps approved. She did say she was going to place a note on my application and inform a supervisor.

I don't believe the 'work' is what's taking so long. I think it's the people doing the work. If you give some people 90 days to complete a job that could be done in 45 days rest assured some will take 90 days...

Furthermore if CVAP states every app will be processed in the order it's received and suddenly people who applied weeks after you are receiving approvals while you're still waiting any complaints are valid.

Thank you, this is exactly what I wanted to say. It's the lazy ass people who are taking this so long to process the application. CVAP asked me for some additional documents and it has already been more than a week since I sent those documents. Today, I get an email saying the documents has been uploaded. If that isn't a bunch of hobo's doing lazy work , what is?

guess i'm just a little more understanding of our current pandemic situation and how many businesses are operating short-handed right now. i'm sorry you have to wait an extra 2-4 weeks for your 5k :( damn lazy ass hobos....

last time I talked with them, they have 800 application from June till Septmeber. They have at least 15 employees to look at those application which makes 53 application each for a 3 month time frame. So basically, they would have to work 1 application each day and they would have more than enough time to work on the application but seems like they arenot even doing that. Nothing to do with them being short handed.

Goodness, the amount of privilege in this thread lol.
Just be patient

not about privilege. think about it, you wait in line at In n Out for your burger and then people behind you start getting their orders but you have to wait another 30 mins for your food. guess you are going to call that privilege too. Bet you are not going to say privilege when people who applied after you get the grant and then they say they are out of money to you after you have waited all this time.

Lol ikr, especially since most of us don’t deserve it.
Let’s be honest here, no sane person who makes under 50k a year will look into buying a 50k car; unless they are retired[/QUO
Lol ikr, especially since most of us don’t deserve it.
Let’s be honest here, no sane person who makes under 50k a year will look into buying a 50k car; unless they are retired

Standard range plus is 31k after the rebate and the grant. Preety affordable for a single person making less than 51k if you spread it over 5 years if you ask me. Also, no gas cost. Simple math