Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, don’t apply until closer to the time you’re ready to purchase. Normally, you only have 35 days after approval to purchase an electric vehicle. However, due to the pandemic, they’ve extended it an additional 90 days for a total of 125 days to make a purchase.

If you don’t plan on purchasing until next year, I would continue to check what the turnaround time is for approval so you can get a better idea for how to properly time your application.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Reactions: JK929
I only emailed them twice. Once a few days after I applied asking if there was any more documents they needed. That email was answered by Jessica. The other email was last week when I saw that other people who applied after me got approved. I politely asked if they needed any more documents and I got a standard reply stating that it takes between 3 weeks and 3 months for applications to be reviewed. That email was not signed by anyone.

I'm not going to email them again unless I don't hear from them after three months have passed.

Just called them one again today and what they basically told me was that if you were requested additional documents, some reviewer would check the documents and then deny or approve your application while some might send your application all the way to the back, so you might need to wait another 8 weeks again after you submitted the additional documents. What a joke.