Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FINALLY! I'm approved. Received an emailed approval packet out of the blue earlier this afternoon! Which is weird because I checked the site last night around 7 pm and it still said "under review" then bam the approval packet showed up in my email this afternoon. Someone must have gotten reamed out for being a slow hobo and had to work Saturday! Only Took exactly 75 days to get approved/email packet!

Picking up MY on Tues at 11am. Already sent my completed packet to Tesla SA at Burbank, hopefully he can figure out how to apply the 5k grant to my account and everything goes smoothly at the delivery appointment next week.

Congrats. It probably had a little bit to do with me emailing them for the 86th times this thursday. lol

FINALLY! I'm approved. Received an emailed approval packet out of the blue earlier this afternoon! Which is weird because I checked the site last night around 7 pm and it still said "under review" then bam the approval packet showed up in my email this afternoon. Someone must have gotten reamed out for being a slow hobo and had to work Saturday! Only Took exactly 75 days to get approved/email packet!

Picking up MY on Tues at 11am. Already sent my completed packet to Tesla SA at Burbank, hopefully he can figure out how to apply the 5k grant to my account and everything goes smoothly at the delivery appointment next week.

Let me know how that works out, my SA is at the Burbank SC, though picking up in Sacramento. Be nice to refer them to someone who's done it haha.

Honestly, they knew how to add the grant easily for me (Marina Del Rey) but my SA got confused with how much down payment I was going to put, so it went back and forth. But now I can rest easy and just look forward to delivery tomorrow! :)

Honestly, they knew how to add the grant easily for me (Marina Del Rey) but my SA got confused with how much down payment I was going to put, so it went back and forth. But now I can rest easy and just look forward to delivery tomorrow! :)

I’m applying for a grant now. How much do I have to enter as a down payment on Tesla website? For example, if I say $6k, will i have $11k as a down payment with the grant? Or $6k ($1k from me and the rest from CVA)?
Do I have to order the car first or do I have to wait until I get the CVA approval?

can you please help me figure out what the chronology is? What are the exact steps?
Thank you so much for your help.

Weird update on CVAP grant -

Took delivery of a model Y last month and you get another grant for 2k to install a level 2 charger at your house. They instruct you to wait 30 days from delivery to contact the charger people.

So 30 days pass and I write the Ev charger grant people, they say they have no record of me, they tell me to write CVAP program to send the paper work over. CVAP responds they have no record of me picking up a Tesla. They suggest I write Tesla and get them to send the paperwork.

Quite odd that tesl haven’t claimed the grant a month after they gave me a 5k deduction.

Took delivery of a model Y last month and you get another grant for 2k to install a level 2 charger at your house. They instruct you to wait 30 days from delivery to contact the charger people.

So 30 days pass and I write the Ev charger grant people, they say they have no record of me, they tell me to write CVAP program to send the paper work over. CVAP responds they have no record of me picking up a Tesla. They suggest I write Tesla and get them to send the paperwork.

Quite odd that tesl haven’t claimed the grant a month after they gave me a 5k deduction.

It's a sign of the times.

I’m applying for a grant now. How much do I have to enter as a down payment on Tesla website? For example, if I say $6k, will i have $11k as a down payment with the grant? Or $6k ($1k from me and the rest from CVA)?
Do I have to order the car first or do I have to wait until I get the CVA approval?

can you please help me figure out what the chronology is? What are the exact steps?
Thank you so much for your help.

Lease terms and down payment information can be changed up until delivery, so don’t worry too much about that.

I would say place the order and defer delivery as needed as long as you have a timeframe in mind of when you want to take delivery so you can lock in on prices.

I guess it’s not exactly necessary to “lock in” on a price right now especially if you’re buying FSD since they just increased the price.

Good luck!

Lease terms and down payment information can be changed up until delivery, so don’t worry too much about that.

I would say place the order and defer delivery as needed as long as you have a timeframe in mind of when you want to take delivery so you can lock in on prices.

I guess it’s not exactly necessary to “lock in” on a price right now especially if you’re buying FSD since they just increased the price.

Good luck!
Thank you for your answer.
I actually locked in the price of the FSD at $8k on Wednesday.

Reactions: JK929
Delivery went smoothly today! I named him Panda :)

No major defects that I saw. Panel gaps and lights/charging port was perfectly aligned. Only (minor) issue was a few dirty spots on the headliner.

Good luck to everyone still in the process!

congrats!!

Told Tesla that I can now take delivery and anxiously waiting to receive a VIN. Told that it can be anywhere from Late November - Late December :(

Reactions: JK929

Please give us any updates when you hear back from Tesla, CVAP and GRID! I'm trying to go the same route as you. Also, do you know if GRID will cover a Nema 14-50 install or does it have to be the Tesla Wall Connector? Thanks for the info.