Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All - I've been following this thread for a while and finally decided to sign up. Lots of great info on here! I submitted my grant paperwork on 10/19 so I would imagine i have roughly another 4-6 weeks left to wait (or more!) I ordered my MY on 10/23 and was told 5-9 weeks.
My question: you all have mentioned working with a SA at Tesla. How do you get assigned a SA? I dont have one yet and want to have everything in line so when I do get grant approval paperwork I know who to send it to to apply it to my lease. Thanks!

Someone should be sending you a text message after you place an order. That person would be your SA.

Did u get a VIN assigned before confirmed delivery date?
Congrats!
I checked an hour ago and nothing, then I got a text message so I hop on the Tesla website and there was the assigned vin.
I was just so excited, but now that I had time to check, the 10th digit vin is "L" meaning its a 2020... I didn't think they had any 2020s left, unless the vin stayed L. I will talk to my advisor and provide an update...

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
Hi All - I've been following this thread for a while and finally decided to sign up. Lots of great info on here! I submitted my grant paperwork on 10/19 so I would imagine i have roughly another 4-6 weeks left to wait (or more!) I ordered my MY on 10/23 and was told 5-9 weeks.
My question: you all have mentioned working with a SA at Tesla. How do you get assigned a SA? I dont have one yet and want to have everything in line so when I do get grant approval paperwork I know who to send it to to apply it to my lease. Thanks!
Have you completed the registration information online? I got assigned a SA the same day I placed my order, my SA is located in marina del Rey

I checked an hour ago and nothing, then I got a text message so I hop on the Tesla website and there was the assigned vin.
I was just so excited, but now that I had time to check, the 10th digit vin is "L" meaning its a 2020... I didn't think they had any 2020s left, unless the vin stayed L. I will talk to my advisor and provide an update...

Good thing you checked.

I on the other hand have an approved grant that will expire 17 November...still no VIN so no Purchase Agreement that they can apply the grant into. :(

FYI - 2 months after picking up MY and Tesla still hasn’t sent any proof purchase to CVAP.

CVAP is writing me telling me my grant is about to expire and I inform them I purchased the car and they applied the grant. They tell me I should write Tesla to have them send proof. How backwards is it that I’m attempting to get Tesla paid?

round and round we go....
Happened to me also. I gave info to CVAP the contact email I had for the person at Tesla. No word until it "expired" and a week later received into for my charger or EVgo credit. I am awaiting for possible 1000$ supercharger credits( I have charger at home already). If not EVgo would be fine.

Happened to me also. I gave info to CVAP the contact email I had for the person at Tesla. No word until it "expired" and a week later received into for my charger or EVgo credit. I am awaiting for possible 1000$ supercharger credits( I have charger at home already). If not EVgo would be fine.
Is $1000 supercharger credits another option for Tesla owners? You’re referring to the GRID rebate thing right? Thanks

i read it again. It it’s the additional 2,500 you get for low income on the CVRP so instead of 2k is 4,500. But you also get a rebate of 2k with the GRID rebate, you apply for that one 30 days after you get your car.
It’s not bad at all:
$5k down assistance
$4,500 rebate
$2,000 GRID rebate
State refunds
SoCal Edison rebate too.

What is the 5k down assistance?

The $4500 rebate?

My Air Quality Management District also has a $1000 rebate

Holly cow. I just checked the website, and it’s approved!!!
My dad applied for the grant on Sept 22. He is so happy. He will be happier when his M3 is ready.

Since he is retired and has very little income, he is not able to get a loan through Tesla unless I become a co-signer. Does anyone know if two names (my dad and my name) on the title is going to impact or void the grant? I am not sure if Tesla or the bank wants my name on the title or not. I am going to make the payment for my dad regardless. I hate to lose the grant.

Holly cow. I just checked the website, and it’s approved!!!
My dad applied for the grant on Sept 22. He is so happy. He will be happier when his M3 is ready.

Since he is retired and has very little income, he is not able to get a loan through Tesla unless I become a co-signer. Does anyone know if two names (my dad and my name) on the title is going to impact or void the grant? I am not sure if Tesla or the bank wants my name on the title or not. I am going to make the payment for my dad regardless. I hate to lose the grant.

You might want to check with you SA and the grant people as it's my understanding that if you'd be co-signing you'd have to be on the title as well and I'm assuming this might count for the grant as well. I'd definitely recommend asking before the delivery of your dad's M3. Best of luck!

Thanks! I’m in the queue for both the Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Model Y delivery. Hope the stars align and they come through close to each other.

Just called the CVAP people today and they said they're currently reviewing September apps (RyanS's post above also seems to confirm that as his dad applied late September). They also said they hope to switch over to their old reviewing process directly with the IRS soon so they're anticipating that the reviewing process will be sped up, for all our sake, hopefully sooner rather than later. Best of luck to you!

Day 81....

Online it still says "Under Review"....
The path at the end of the tunnel is looking grim....
I don't how much longer I'll last....
The light is dimming....

Now i'm just having fun with this, Applied August 27th!!
Have called and emailed multiple times, they said they have all of my information and everything that they need. It's still processing.

Good luck everyone! Congrats to those who have gotten quick approvals! ;)

FYI - 2 months after picking up MY and Tesla still hasn’t sent any proof purchase to CVAP.

CVAP is writing me telling me my grant is about to expire and I inform them I purchased the car and they applied the grant. They tell me I should write Tesla to have them send proof. How backwards is it that I’m attempting to get Tesla paid?

round and round we go....
that is weird. someone in tesla must screwed up something.