Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holly cow. I just checked the website, and it’s approved!!!
My dad applied for the grant on Sept 22. He is so happy. He will be happier when his M3 is ready.

Since he is retired and has very little income, he is not able to get a loan through Tesla unless I become a co-signer. Does anyone know if two names (my dad and my name) on the title is going to impact or void the grant? I am not sure if Tesla or the bank wants my name on the title or not. I am going to make the payment for my dad regardless. I hate to lose the grant.
Congrats!! I applied one day after you guys. Hoping for approval soon!

My dad applied for the grant on Sept 22. He is so happy. He will be happier when his M3 is ready.

Since he is retired and has very little income, he is not able to get a loan through Tesla unless I become a co-signer. Does anyone know if two names (my dad and my name) on the title is going to impact or void the grant? I am not sure if Tesla or the bank wants my name on the title or not. I am going to make the payment for my dad regardless. I hate to lose the grant.
Lucky you! Applied on 9/20, still nothing. :(

Congratulations!! What is your dads first and last name initials?

Reading the clean fuel website, looks like its only applied at the time of purchase and tesla has to request reimbursement. So I think people that have already picked up vehicles may be out of luck :(

I realized it seems to be the same as the one provided by your utility company ..for example SCE for me takes me to Clean Fuel Reward Program | SCE Clean Fuel Reward Program .

also I got an email from administrator as follows so I am confused..

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the California Clean Fuel Reward. The California Clean Fuel Reward is a Time of Purchase Reward.

Unfortunately this reward is only good at the time of purchase (or lease) of new qualifying Electric Vehicles from enrolled and participating retailers based on the program Live Date of November 17th, 2020. The Reward cannot be applied retroactively. We apologize about any inconvenience.

If you have any questions, please contact the California Clean Fuel Reward Headquarters via [email protected] or by phone at 1‑800-880-0320.

Thank you,

California Clean Fuel Reward Headquarters
1-800-880-0320

let me know when you find out. I applied for the grant and had a co-signer on the auto loan as well. Tesla didn’t say anything and CVAP has yet to reach out. I am assuming everything is okay, but not sure myself.