Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahh, didn't know it was the same as SCE rebate. I was hoping we could take advantage of both. There wasn't any mention about it on SCE page but just now on the top of the banner it says if we take advantage of the point of sale rebate we can't apply for the sce one. :(

i called my SA in Burbank today (who is great) and she said everybody gets the $1500 and it’s basically like a gift card that goes toward your down payment. There’s a form Tesla provides you have to sign.

i think this rebate is the same as the clean fuel rebate provided by local utility ..in my case SCE.. Clean Fuel Reward Program | SCE Clean Fuel Reward Program .

not really.
Edison states that one of the qualification is:
    1. Have not received the California Clean Fuel Reward (CCFR) rebate at the point of sale or lease of the vehicle submitted on this application. Vehicles that receive the CCFR rebate at the point of sale or lease are not eligible for Clean Fuel Reward Program as a new vehicle.
So either you get $1500 at the time of purchase by using CCFR or get $1000 from Edison after purchase.
For some reason I can't find the CCFR application before purchase so can only get edison's rebate now....

Reactions: yaya21
not really.
Edison states that one of the qualification is:
    1. Have not received the California Clean Fuel Reward (CCFR) rebate at the point of sale or lease of the vehicle submitted on this application. Vehicles that receive the CCFR rebate at the point of sale or lease are not eligible for Clean Fuel Reward Program as a new vehicle.
So either you get $1500 at the time of purchase by using CCFR or get $1000 from Edison after purchase.
For some reason I can't find the CCFR application before purchase so can only get edison's rebate now....

Yep, I spoke with my TA and can confirm the above. The California Clean Fuel Reward (CCFR) rebate is different from the SoCal Edison Clean Fuel Reward Program. You can only get one or the other and either way the SoCal Edison one ends by December 31st. There doesn't seem to be a deadline for the California Clean Fuel Reward rebate program, it's $500 more and you don't have to do anything to get it, just sign off on some papers when you take delivery and the money gets sent directly to Tesla.

Holly cow. I just checked the website, and it’s approved!!!
My dad applied for the grant on Sept 22. He is so happy. He will be happier when his M3 is ready.

Since he is retired and has very little income, he is not able to get a loan through Tesla unless I become a co-signer. Does anyone know if two names (my dad and my name) on the title is going to impact or void the grant? I am not sure if Tesla or the bank wants my name on the title or not. I am going to make the payment for my dad regardless. I hate to lose the grant.

I would like to know about this as well. I might need a family member to co-sign the loan with me. Please let me know if you get an answer to this! Thanks

Confirming my payment information online now reflects 1500 discount from the new cali rebate program, no action needed

I kinda feel like getting a $1000 check works better for my situation. Discounting $1500 off of the purchase price can only save me about $22 a month on my loan. I'd rather get the $1000 check afterward and spend it on a new phone. But of course, everyone is different.

I kinda feel like getting a $1000 check works better for my situation. Discounting $1500 off of the purchase price can only save me about $22 a month on my loan. I'd rather get the $1000 check afterward and spend it on a new phone. But of course, everyone is different.
You are getting $1500 off but not just that. You will also pay less in taxes so instead of pay over 5k in taxes. With the 5k + 1,500 incentives you’ll end up paying around 4,500 so to me I rather not pay Uncle Sam that much

That literally makes no sense...
But a lot of people think like that and I guess that's why most people are in debt (which is fine).