Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got approved just now! I checked 2x today but it was still "under review". Then before heading to sleep right now, I tried logging in and it asked automatically to change my password again. If you get that, that means there's an update (most likely APPROVED) to your file! Good luck everybody! Especially @jm9ism !

Congrats!!!

Any August application still waiting like me?

Reactions: c4Lvin
There should be another Tesla financing post floating around. If you go through Tesla financing and your credit score is good you should be approved for 2.49% then you email [email protected] after you get your initial approval and see if you can qualify for a better rate with another bank. Hopefully you’ll get a 2.09% rate. There’s more info in the other post about people applying to credit unions and getting < 2% rates.
I got approved with a credit union and my interest rate is 1.9%

Reactions: yaya21
I got approved just now! I checked 2x today but it was still "under review". Then before heading to sleep right now, I tried logging in and it asked automatically to change my password again. If you get that, that means there's an update (most likely APPROVED) to your file! Good luck everybody! Especially @jm9ism !

I don't think the password update prompt means you're going to be approved. Probably some sort of algorithm to get people to update every so often. I was prompted to change my password a few days ago and my app is still under review as I applied Oct. 18th. Congrats on the approval though!

Reactions: c4Lvin
I don't think the password update prompt means you're going to be approved. Probably some sort of algorithm to get people to update every so often. I was prompted to change my password a few days ago and my app is still under review as I applied Oct. 18th. Congrats on the approval though!

I guess we'll find out, if I get an approval today then there might be something to it. I did get a password change a few weeks ago though and nothing crazy happened.

Thanks! Yes maybe it was just the timing? Coincidence? I have no clue. Interested in credit unions or banks under 2% rate as well!

Been checking CVAP website 5 times per day. And I have just been APPROVED!!!! Words can not express how excited I am!! Today is indeed a big happy Friday to me!!!!

my info here
applied on 9/20, approved 11/20, exactly 2 months!!!
Initial: J C
MY ordered 2 weeks ago, and just received a text saying delivery in 4-6 weeks. Financed with Wells Fargo through Tesla at 2.49%.(I guess the rate is fair especailly I don't have much time to get quotes from different CU)

Been checking CVAP website 5 times per day. And I have just been APPROVED!!!! Words can not express how excited I am!! Today is indeed a big happy Friday to me!!!!

my info here
applied on 9/20, approved 11/20, exactly 2 months!!!
Initial: J C
MY ordered 2 weeks ago, and just received a text saying delivery in 4-6 weeks. Financed with Wells Fargo through Tesla at 2.49%.(I guess the rate is fair especailly I don't have much time to get quotes from different CU)
That is amazing! Congratulations!!! That’s still a sweet rate! I applied October 9th so I am getting close

Thank you@yaya21!

also keep in mind the term. The shorter the term the better the rate. I did a short term that is why I got a low rate.( 1.9% @ 48 months) So tesla is offering 2.49% for 72 months. That is an amazing rate for the term
What would your Credit Union be at 72months? I'm asking since I've never dealt with any CU before but always hear these great rates.

/'
did you end up getting your approval package? How long did it take?
Received this email today. Instead of paper packet, received pdf version.

“Thank you for applying, and congratulations on your approval. Due to the disruptions from Covid-19, we are not able to mail you an approval packet. Instead, we have attached the approval packet to this email in the form of a PDF. Please note that the extension provided to support participants impacted by Covid-19 will reflect on the approval letter.

Please reach out to the CVA Program if you have any questions,

Thank you,

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program Team”

Reactions: T35l@grl
Congrats to the approves! I applied Oct 30, still waiting. Ordered Tesla Model Y at the same time, got a VIN and could have picked it up today, but called and told them I didn’t have grant yet, they said no worries, when you get grant they’ll get the process moving again.

$5000 is too much money to just get the car without waiting for it.

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
Congrats to the approves! I applied Oct 30, still waiting. Ordered Tesla Model Y at the same time, got a VIN and could have picked it up today, but called and told them I didn’t have grant yet, they said no worries, when you get grant they’ll get the process moving again.

$5000 is too much money to just get the car without waiting for it.

I hear you...mine expired 18 Nov, likely will get a VIN for 2021 M3P soon but will defer until I get reapproved for 5K grant.
Applied again 17 Nov. Now I am looking at end of 1st QTR delivery assuming I get grant approval in January.