Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called CVAP and they said my application is under final review as of 11/15 and it takes about 2 weeks from that date to receive final approval. So what I would do is call CVAP and ask if your application is under final review and ask for the date. They should be able to tell you.

Reactions: fqueiroz
yeah, you might be right. My last name starts with an A so I am the first if they are going in alphabetical order.

Darn this is no fun, I’m thinking of having my SA lift my ineligibility status so hopefully I can get a car by the end of this year. CVAP told me it may be a couple more weeks. So if I do get approval by mid December and lift my status probably I’ll be eligible for a December delivery. I’ve sent all proper documentation so I’m not sure exactly what’s going on besides someone just being slow at reviewing documents.

Darn this is no fun, I’m thinking of having my SA lift my ineligibility status so hopefully I can get a car by the end of this year. CVAP told me it may be a couple more weeks. So if I do get approval by mid December and lift my status probably I’ll be eligible for a December delivery. I’ve sent all proper documentation so I’m not sure exactly what’s going on besides someone just being slow at reviewing documents.
Keep calling so they can escalate.

So how exactly does this work. I know it's a 5k grant. But can this be used as a downpayment or does it just get taken off the price. I'm looking to get a model 3. Would appreciate the help. Thanks.

The 5k has to be applied as a down payment. You can apply for the grant and it takes about 9 weeks to get approved right now. I suggest uploading your actual tax transcripts from the IRS website too. I applied for the grant and put an order in for a Tesla the next day. I did it in person so what my SA did was he placed me on hold (ineligible) until a specific date. As soon as you get your approval packet you can scan it to your SA at Tesla and then the actual process for you to receive your vehicle starts and that’s when you can select your method of payment. You do have to be within a specific income bracket to qualify for the grant and if you do go for a loan the interest has to be at 12% or lower. There’s more information on the actual CVAP page regarding guidelines to follow if you do end up approved. There’s also many other incentives such as the CVRP, PG&E rebate and a current $1,500 rebate just to name a few that you can take advantage of if they’re applicable to you.

Reactions: c4Lvin and yaya21
Applied a day before on October 18th and definitely hoping for an approval before year end but looks like we might just have to wait until January considering they'll probably be off on the holidays.
Same here. Applied Oct 28. I am just making myself look on the bright side. Waiting until Jan is more likely than this quarter that they'll pull some kind of Q1 incentive like the MY efficiency gain or new interior update like M3 rather than changing the production line mid-Q4. Just hopeful if I do have to wait until the second week of Jan for the approval.

Reactions: T35l@grl
Can someone who went through this process of purchasing or leasing the car give me some advice regarding the expiration of an approved grant? My exp. date is March 25, 2021. If the car takes at least ONE month of delivery, should I place an order early FEBRUARY to be on the safe side? The later I purchase, the better I am because I have a current lease expiring in May. Thanks to all and good luck to everyone who is waiting!

Can someone who went through this process of purchasing or leasing the car give me some advice regarding the expiration of an approved grant? My exp. date is March 25, 2021. If the car takes at least ONE month of delivery, should I place an order early FEBRUARY to be on the safe side? The later I purchase, the better I am because I have a current lease expiring in May. Thanks to all and good luck to everyone who is waiting!

you can always postpone delivery if you are not ready, just let your SA know when you are ready to take delivery, they’re very flexible ☺️

Reactions: yaya21