Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I emailed SA the signed CVAP packet last Monday, and it still has not applied to my account yet... The SA has been very unresponsive, thinking about maybe call in to let other SA help me update the approval of CVAP. Although I have no further updates about the exact delivery date yet...

My SA was being very unresponsive as well until I found a way to finally catch his attention. Try adding the emails subject headline of “ACTION REQUIRED: ”. That seemed to get my SA attention.

Reactions: yaya21
wow so even when you get a vin you can delay delivery? Any idea for how long?

I've delayed since March 2020, declined a 2020 VIN in late October and since my grant expired recently for waiting on 2021 VIN will delay even more.

My SA was the one to suggest deactivate RN vs cancelling altogether. That'll put my order 1 year come March 2021. I should have the grant reapproved (I hope, and not run out of funds) by then. :(

Reactions: everydaychris
I've delayed since March 2020, declined a 2020 VIN in late October and since my grant expired recently for waiting on 2021 VIN will delay even more.

My SA was the one to suggest deactivate RN vs cancelling altogether. That'll put my order 1 year come March 2021. I should have the grant reapproved (I hope, and not run out of funds) by then. :(
Interesting. I also told them I don't want to take delivery in October as well and my grant expires in FEB but DEC is too early for me to get the car haha.

Sucks how March is when they start delivery again in CA. But I'm hoping that I can delay a vin and get delivery by end of Jan/ FEB. haha

Interesting. I also told them I don't want to take delivery in October as well and my grant expires in FEB but DEC is too early for me to get the car haha.

Sucks how March is when they start delivery again in CA. But I'm hoping that I can delay a vin and get delivery by end of Jan/ FEB. haha

You should be good for Feb delivery, unless Tesla sold out all the cars they make right out of the assembly line before they start making for overseas orders again. Then the cycle begins, Jan and Feb will be for Overseas/Canada orders, and then March will be for US orders.

Reactions: everydaychris
You should be good for Feb delivery, unless Tesla sold out all the cars they make right out of the assembly line before they start making for overseas orders again. Then the cycle begins, Jan and Feb will be for Overseas/Canada orders, and then March will be for US orders.
Cool. That's what I'm hoping.

I'll probably tell the SA at the beginning of JAN im ready for delivery so that I'm in the line for a late Jan/ FEB delivery. WOOHOO!

It's nice that CA has that $1500 grant still because SCE expires in DEC.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
From someone who has gone through it.

For everyone worrying about having them add the grant in way before you take delivery - so it shows up in your acct. with a 5k deduction.

Follow these steps.

1. Get approved and get the letter.
2. Order the car - factor in the 5k grant on your down payment.
3. Get loan approval under the 12% interest min.
4. Wait
5. Wait
6. Get a vin.
7. They will a schedule delivery.
8. They will request a final payment - finish all your car insurance and delivery Appt.
9. Someone from Tesla will call and email/text you looking for payment. Tell them you have cvap.
10. They will apply it in 5 minutes and you can then finish the process of paying minus 5k.

I spent the better part of two months trying to get it to show up in my acct. It would show up then Tesla would edit my acct. VIN added and it would disappear. I would start the process over. I wish I knew it would be so easy to do 12 hours before delivery.

Reactions: c4Lvin and yaya21
Hi, anyone here who already have a delivery date assigned but doesnot ave the CVAP approval willing to transfer the vin to me for a couple of hundred dollars?
Hi, I have been reading this thread and learn a lot of info. I submitted my application since 9/7/20 and got an e-mail say that my application move to final decision on 11/18/20 until now I still not get approval yet.
I saw someone post that they got approval letter 2 weeks after received an e-mail about final decision which my will be 2 weeks on Wed 12/12/20, I am very nervous because I got a VIN assign to my account couple days ago and receive ask me to schedule for pick up car then I told my TA that I still waiting for grant(hopefully I get it by this week) then he said that they can only hold the car for 3 days and today I just receive a text that they just give me the pick up on Dec 2nd at 5 pm.
What should I do? Will I lose $100 order fee? Or how can I delay the delivery? Can I just call them on my delivery date that I can’t make it that day and r/a to another day to save my car?

Maan: when did you order your car? And how is it work if I transfer the VIN to you?

Hi, I have been reading this thread and learn a lot of info. I submitted my application since 9/7/20 and got an e-mail say that my application move to final decision on 11/18/20 until now I still not get approval yet.
I saw someone post that they got approval letter 2 weeks after received an e-mail about final decision which my will be 2 weeks on Wed 12/12/20, I am very nervous because I got a VIN assign to my account couple days ago and receive ask me to schedule for pick up car then I told my TA that I still waiting for grant(hopefully I get it by this week) then he said that they can only hold the car for 3 days and today I just receive a text that they just give me the pick up on Dec 2nd at 5 pm.
What should I do? Will I lose $100 order fee? Or how can I delay the delivery? Can I just call them on my delivery date that I can’t make it that day and r/a to another day to save my car?

Maan: when did you order your car? And how is it work if I transfer the VIN to you?
You will be fine! They will release the VIN but they will assign you another VIN later.