Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Applied on November 17. On November 24th Received email:

"your account has been updated and your application has been moved to the final decision stage. There isn’t a set turnaround time at the moment since we have been experiencing delays. At this moment, it can take up to 2-8 weeks to receive a decision".

Spoke with a Program Associate a few days ago and they couldn't offer a more precise timeline for the final decision and advised that applications are being processed in the order they were received and they are currently approving applications received in mid September (as has been stated earlier in this chain). They also mentioned that once you're through to the final approval stage they will not require further documents and its more or less a formality that you will be approved (your application would be denied prior to this stage and/or other documents would have been requested). However, they also covered themselves by saying unexpected issues do arise and approval is not a guaranteed even after you get through to the final decision stage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Michael
Received this response today in a email:

Hello,
We have been informed this morning that the applications currently being worked on are of mid-September. While I can not say when yours will be worked on, hopefully there is not much more wait for you. I hope this helps

10/8 - applied
12/8 - sent follow up email
12/9 - Received email reply:

Due to the health crisis our processing times have been impacted. Applications can take anywhere between 3 weeks to 3 months for them to be reviewed. All applications must be processed in the order received.

Currently your application is in line to be reviewed. We will contact you if additional information is needed to verify your eligibility for a clean vehicle grant. While we cannot guarantee a date by which your application would be processed, the current average is of 75 days. Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you for your patience

I applied on 10/31 and was really hoping to be able to take delivery by the end of the year

Im on the same boat, I applied on 10/22 and had to defer a 3rd delivery today since November. I called yesterday and was told my application was in line to be reviewed and the lady I spoke to said most likely be reviewed in January after they come back from xmas break. Injury to insult my SA told me today if I don't take delivery by end of the year I probably will be waiting until end of march. BUMMER

Im on the same boat, I applied on 10/22 and had to defer a 3rd delivery today since November. I called yesterday and was told my application was in line to be reviewed and the lady I spoke to said most likely be reviewed in January after they come back from xmas break. Injury to insult my SA told me today if I don't take delivery by end of the year I probably will be waiting until end of march. BUMMER
Oh dang, I wasn't even told about the xmas break thing. I definitely can't wait till march so will probably end up buying end of December unless I can somehow get a car mid-january

Reactions: yaya21
Oh dang, I wasn't even told about the xmas break thing. I definitely can't wait till march so will probably end up buying end of December unless I can somehow get a car mid-january

I should of asked when the xmas break starts and ends. I think about just buying the car without the grant everyday but the 5k is my tint, ceramic coating, acceleration boost, etc. My SA said they get very few deliveries in the first 2 months of the quarter because those go to Europe and Asia. But they do get deliveries so there's some hope

I should of asked when the xmas break starts and ends. I think about just buying the car without the grant everyday but the 5k is my tint, ceramic coating, acceleration boost, etc. My SA said they get very few deliveries in the first 2 months of the quarter because those go to Europe and Asia. But they do get deliveries so there's some hope
Yeah the 5000 would definitely be nice but the max i can wait for is the second week of january so fingers crossed for getting an approvl soon

Hello! I've been following this thread since September, I thought I'd share my brief history:

I opened my application on 09/11, but did not submit until 09/21. I pretty much visited the forum each day for any sort of update from folks who applied around my submission date. I've, so far, received 0 emails from CVAP, requesting any additional info or even for an update. Once I saw posts of approval from September as early as last month, I checked the CVAP site each day for update. I called yesterday and they were able to tell me that I was in the final review stage. I checked this morning around 10am and had the approval. No packet yet.

For reference my initials are RR.

Reactions: RichieDean
Update in case anyone is interested. Called and asked about my application status an hour ago, more specifically, I asked if it was in it's final reviewing stages and they said that all they could tell me at the time was that my application was in it's final reviewing stage - great news considering - and that "everything has been reviewed and I will not be asked to provide additional documents."

The nice representative informed me I could have a final decision in about 2 weeks, maybe earlier but not to hold her accountable as they have a high volume of applications lol. Hoping her time frame is true and I hear back soon. I've been waiting to finalize my financing stuff until I hear from them and unfortunately I can't even get matched with a VIN according to my SA until I complete this portion of my account.

My initials are Y.M. and I applied Oct 18th for anyone trying to gauge their application. Also, I submitted Tax transcripts and 6 months of paychecks, have had the same permanent address for about 14 years, with only 2 other mailing addresses in that same time frame so I assume everything was pretty easy for them to verify.

Goodluck to everyone out there still waiting to hear back :)

Another update in case anyone has been told they are in the final reviewing stages (i.e. you've called and someone told you via phone):

I called this week on Monday and was expecting to receive an email confirming I was in the final review stage like the representative told me over the phone - given that there's been a couple people on here that noted they receive such email. As I didn't see anything, I called today again and was told that not everyone receives this email noting they are in the final reviewing stage, which is unfortunate because as you can see through this thread, there doesn't seem to be a set process as to how they are tracking applications or notifying us...

Additionally, after weeks of having sent in a request regarding my application status (I was too impatient and called this week - thus the note above), I was informed by another representative today (way after my phone conversation today) that I have merely moved onto the next reviewing stage which may or may not require additional documentation. Mind you, the representative on the phone on Monday said that I would not be needing any more documentation as I had surpassed that part of the review. So now, I'm super confused as to where my application stands as I'm getting contradictory information from different representatives .... super frustrating as I'm trying to get delivery this year to take advantage of tax credits and other incentives :(

Goodluck to all of us pending approval!

I applied on 10/18 (I thought it was 10/17 but weekends doesn't count)
I called around 3:40PM (PST) and asked what's going on. The gentleman told me that CVAP finished September applications and are now moving to October.
Also, they have break Christmas through new years.
October folks! WE ARE ALMOST THERE!

I applied on 10/18 (I thought it was 10/17 but weekends doesn't count)
I called around 3:40PM (PST) and asked what's going on. The gentleman told me that CVAP finished September applications and are now moving to October.
Also, they have break Christmas through new years.
October folks! WE ARE ALMOST THERE!

I'm a september application and am still waiting so they aren't quite finished yet haha - unless I'm some weird fluke.

Has anyone else gotten a survey from them today?

Yep, got one today, guess they're just looking for feedback regarding the program and application process. I definitely let them know they should make their process the same across the board so all applicants are treated equally and are given accurate information given how much discrepancy there is in their responses depending on who is answering your question lol

Has anyone else seen a change on the status of their application recently? I log on pretty much every day and it had the generic "your application is under review it will not expire....." but logged on right now and had the following message. Anyone else seeing the same thing?
upload_2020-12-11_14-24-18.png

I did a follow up today and was told my app is still under final review and management usually are the ones to approve/deny app. They told me to expect an email if my app is approved. Doesn’t sound like team members are on the same page in regards to application time lines and how updates are received. I wish there was a standard of work flow they could all go based off so all applications have the same updates and timelines