Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If website shows these, which means it's still in line and not review yet? Just saw someone applying at nov and get approval. That's incredible!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201220-131350_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20201220-131350_Brave.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 58
I just got a call a week ago and the guy told me that I had to sign a document in my email that had to do with my income verification. Did anyone else have to do something similar and if so how long after that did you get approved?

update, just got approved! notable dates:

applied: 10/18
found out I was in the final review stage: about 12/07
approved: 12/20

Initials: YM

WOW congrats, sounds like they were working over the weekend. Did you get an email saying you were approved or from checking the website. I'm hoping to get approved and packet before the end of the year. Applied 10/22 and found out I was on the final review 12/14 and my initials are DM. I hope I get it this week, kind of stressful with an eta of 12/28 delivery date.

Reactions: yaya21
Approved! I've been watching this thread for months and figured I'd need to wait until mid January. They've turned on the afterburners it seems.
Applied 10/29
Approved 12/21
initials KV

Now just need to rush to see if a VIN can be made available for me in the next week. Good luck to all others who are waiting!

WOW congrats, sounds like they were working over the weekend. Did you get an email saying you were approved or from checking the website. I'm hoping to get approved and packet before the end of the year. Applied 10/22 and found out I was on the final review 12/14 and my initials are DM. I hope I get it this week, kind of stressful with an eta of 12/28 delivery date.

Thank you! I kept checking the website over the weekend and saw my status change to "approved" yesterday. However, I just received the formal approval email along with the approval packet (2 separate emails about 5-10 minutes apart) today. I'm assuming they were approving people over the weekend and are going to send out those formal emails sometime today. Looks like they might be powering through October so I'm sure you should be getting a response fairly soon, can't imagine you'd have to wait until next month :)

Approved! I've been watching this thread for months and figured I'd need to wait until mid January. They've turned on the afterburners it seems.
Applied 10/29
Approved 12/21
initials KV

Now just need to rush to see if a VIN can be made available for me in the next week. Good luck to all others who are waiting!

Yep, in the same boat here. I'm actually trying to get paired up with a VIN by this coming Saturday due to personal reasons but hopefully they kick it into overdrive at Tesla and get us our VINs soon :)

I wonder if Tesla will be able to get everyone a Vin by the end of the year like my rep says. I am still waiting for mine. My friend got their vin before me but its still awaiting grant approval. I wanted to try and see if they can transfer that vin to me but apparently we both may have to be on the registration weird. Not sure why they cant just remove one person and add another?

Applied 10/29
Approved 12/21
initials KV

More good news. Just now got the email packet (they're moving quick) and they state that due to the ongoing health crisis, they recognize it may not be possible to adhere to the normal 35 day timeline, so they've increased it by 90 days to a total of 125 DAYS TO REDEEM. This is great news for those who are concerned about delivery timelines and needing to wait for another VIN assignment. Happy holidays all.

• Informative
I have a question about the CVAP Grant Confirmation Page -- it asks in the "For Dealers:" section "Financing below 12% APR Y/N". Does Tesla fill this part out or does the credit union? I am trying to get financing via a 3rd party credit union not sure about who is going to be filling this out.. I'd appreciate any help! Thank you.!

I have a question about the CVAP Grant Confirmation Page -- it asks in the "For Dealers:" section "Financing below 12% APR Y/N". Does Tesla fill this part out or does the credit union? I am trying to get financing via a 3rd party credit union not sure about who is going to be filling this out.. I'd appreciate any help! Thank you.!

Not exactly too sure but Im 90% sure Tesla fills this out even when financing with a 3rd party as they're the ones authorized for CVAP and they'll have all the info for your financing so they should be able to verify whether or not you are at this 12% or below APR

Applied 10/31, yesterday website showed status as approved, today got the approval packet via email, signed it, circled $5,000, emailed to Tesla, all set. Unfortunately I just declined another VIN last Friday. Tesla says they’re trying for delivery before 12/31, so I’m hopeful. Free supercharging!

Was approved through Tesla with US Bank for 2.49%, last night I sent an email that said, “Can I get a lower rate?” ( that’s literally all it said). At 6 am I got an email saying I had a new offer, looked on Tesla account - 2.09% with Chase, good for 60 days.

I’m really hoping I get delivery before 12/31. I don’t have a wall connector (will apply for GRID grant after I get the car) so free supercharging will come in handy.

I just got off the phone with cvap to get a status update as my application is in the final review stages as of 12/14. I come to find out they needed schedule 1 part of my taxes. I would have never known if I didn’t call, I pushed the rep to get it to someone who does income verification and it was verified and all she can tell me it’s going to the final reviewer. Does anyone know what the process of the final review stage or stages is?, I thought everything was good to go when you get to that point and just verified and approved. The lady who does income verification gave me a generic answer that everyone gives that it can take up to 8 weeks at this point. So frustrating.

I just got off the phone with cvap to get a status update as my application is in the final review stages as of 12/14. I come to find out they needed schedule 1 part of my taxes. I would have never known if I didn’t call, I pushed the rep to get it to someone who does income verification and it was verified and all she can tell me it’s going to the final reviewer. Does anyone know what the process of the final review stage or stages is?, I thought everything was good to go when you get to that point and just verified and approved. The lady who does income verification gave me a generic answer that everyone gives that it can take up to 8 weeks at this point. So frustrating.

I was told final review meant the application has been preliminarily approved and it just needed a supervisor to look it over. I was told it could take anywhere from 2-8 weeks before final approval once in the final review stage but ended up being approved after just 7 days. You're close!

• Informative