Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nvm I see you what you’re saying. I applied since February and I’m car less right now. I’d have to wait till June it seems like for cvap.
Oh i know everyone in here wishes they could have their tesla now, and o do understand that if you have to have a car now, there is nothing else to argue, but for anyone else that can wait what in your case would be 1 to 2 months I think its worth it so you can get a better car. Now in my opinion the bet combo is a SR with the $5k CVAP, but inventory is getting hard to find.

Applied 1/17

Called earlier this week and was told my application has gone past the 1st review. According to the person I was talking to there is a total of 3 reviews. I did not get a time estimate on how much longer this would take but I believe I am no less than 3 weeks out from hearing back. I plan on calling again in early April.

Its the automated message when you call them now, reservation list being implemented from 03/17. The following is from their implementation manual:

Reservation List:
A Reservations List will be put in place if all grant funds have been reserved by grant-approved participants. Funds are put in reserve for 35 calendar days from the date a participant is given grant approval. If the grant-approved participant does not redeem a grant in that window of time, the funds are released back into the pool of available grant funds. Participants with Approval Letters when a Reservation List is active have reserved grant funds and will be guaranteed a grant if they redeem it in accordance with all program criteria. Participants who have an incomplete application at the time when a Reservation List is put in place may continue the application process and submit their application. However, these participants may experience unusually long wait times and may not receive funding. As funding becomes available, applications will be processed on a first-come first-serve basis. BSF may or may not allow new participants to begin an application during this time. The CVA Program administrator will do its best to forecast and communicate, in advance, when available grant funds will reach a balance that will necessitate a Reservation List.

Reactions: hookups
Its the automated message when you call them now, reservation list being implemented from 03/17. The following is from their implementation manual:

Reservation List:
A Reservations List will be put in place if all grant funds have been reserved by grant-approved participants. Funds are put in reserve for 35 calendar days from the date a participant is given grant approval. If the grant-approved participant does not redeem a grant in that window of time, the funds are released back into the pool of available grant funds. Participants with Approval Letters when a Reservation List is active have reserved grant funds and will be guaranteed a grant if they redeem it in accordance with all program criteria. Participants who have an incomplete application at the time when a Reservation List is put in place may continue the application process and submit their application. However, these participants may experience unusually long wait times and may not receive funding. As funding becomes available, applications will be processed on a first-come first-serve basis. BSF may or may not allow new participants to begin an application during this time. The CVA Program administrator will do its best to forecast and communicate, in advance, when available grant funds will reach a balance that will necessitate a Reservation List.
Ouch....I would assume that quite a few people right at the cusp will still get approved, but this is likely going to delay it substantially. Considering I'm set to take delivery within the next 2.5 weeks, I'd say I'm SOL.

Reactions: steve81 and rbreeze
Damn I was so close according to an email I received today. The 80th day after application would have been this Friday
It looks like your application has been reviewed and has been sent, given our protocols, to management. While we do not know how long it will take for you to receive a decision Management will be doing that and sending you an email once their reviews are done

Damn I called around 4:30 today and heard that message but didn't really pay much attention because I was doing something else at the same time. Bit of bad luck if they ran out of funding as my application was just put in review today, applied on 1/30. Guess we'll find out tomorrow, still no change on their announcement page. I'm assuming that will change over night

So frustrating! I applied 12/19 and the last approval on here was 12/16, so I was so freakin close ... wish they would’ve told me funds were out when I called yesterday
I'm on the same boat as you. Applied 12/18. Waited to place my Model Y order once I was told that my applications was in final stage and is awaiting supervisor approval. Had to turn down 2 Vin matches since.
On the other hand maybe we'll get the new projection lights by the time the CVAP receives more funding. And maybe more details into the Tax credit returning.
But, If I can get the CVAP funding now I will gladly be picking up my Model Y.

They just posted an announcement. Sounds to me like if you got an approval letter, you’ll still get the grant, but everyone else has to wait until they get more funding, which could be indefinite

I applied at the end of February too so hopefully final stages will come around April. Please keep us along with your progress, I’m so excited to get a M3.
I dont know if you saw, but there is no more funds for the program, so unless they secure more funds, everyrhing is frozen and no one knows how long it will stay that way, or if it will ever be funded again (I think it will). Really frustrating, I applied jan 6th, so I was 2 to 3 weeks away bummer

I dont know if you saw, but there is no more funds for the program, so unless they secure more funds, everyrhing is frozen and no one knows how long it will stay that way, or if it will ever be funded again (I think it will). Really frustrating, I applied jan 6th, so I was 2 to 3 weeks away bummer
Oh wow! Just check my application this morning and just the usual under review. Bummer!

I guess its worst than i tought, i tought this would be a month or two delay from normal, but it looks like it could be more, or maybe even never depending on how funding goes. Here is an email I received this morning.

Thank you for starting a CVA Program application! We now have a Reservation List in place due to limited funding. We want to let you know what this means for your application:

1. We encourage you to complete your application if you would like to join the Reservation List. If you are no longer interested in participating in the program, please withdraw your application.
  2. Once your application is complete, you will be on the Reservation List until further notice.
  3. Regardless of when you started your application, please expect to wait many months for your application to receive final approval (if you are qualified and funds are available). We apologize for the delay.