Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m a little confused I thought that the CVRP program only gave $2,000 per Model 3 ordered, is this different for other parts of California (I’m in Los Angeles)? I’ll attach a screenshot of what the website shows me in case I’m looking at wrong info.View attachment 643928
There’s also a program called DCAP which you can stack onto additional grant on top of CVAP and CVRP. If you’re eligible.

• Disagree
Reactions: cris97
Oh wow, have you tried it? how does that work? it doesn't say Tesla on their approved dealership
DCAP and CVAP are not stackable.

Can I stack a Clean Vehicle Assistance Program grant with a grant or rebate from another clean vehicle incentive program?
The CVA Program clean vehicle grant can be combined, or “stacked,” with some other clean vehicle programs. The CVA Program can NOT be stacked with grants from Replace Your Ride, Clean Cars for All, Drive Clean in the San Joaquin, or the Driving Clean Assistance Program.

Reactions: cris97
I don’t think anyone from January has been approved. The only Jan approval I saw was for a different grant
Yeah, if people were getting accepted from January, that seems to be just about a two month turnaround time... I'd expect January applicants to hear back in the next three weeks or so, I applied second week of February so I'm thinking late April to mid May based from what I've seen here, and what I've heard from CVAP.

Yeah, if people were getting accepted from January, that seems to be just about a two month turnaround time... I'd expect January applicants to hear back in the next three weeks or so, I applied second week of February so I'm thinking late April to mid May based from what I've seen here, and what I've heard from CVAP.
I applied the first week of February so I’ll try and post when I get updates so you (and others) can have some foresight.

Applied 1/6/21 for context. In my experience, every time I speak with someone on the phone I'm told something contradictory.

Two months ago: Once you send us your tax documents, you'll have a decision within days (I never believed this)
Several weeks ago: Once you're in final review, you'll have a decision within days.
Last Tuesday: You're not in final review yet, but we will email you when you are.
Last Friday: You're in final review (I never received an email), and you'll have a decision probably next week and within two weeks at the latest.
Yesterday: You're in final review and we have no other information.
Today: You're in final review, so it will be another 3 weeks at least. Probably early April.

TL;DR don't believe what they tell you, it'll probably be much longer than whatever they say. I've been told I'll probably be matched to a car by the end of April so I'm just hoping I won't have to deny delivery.