Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the same boat. I've been driving Priuses for my whole life and now looking for a new crossover... So....Tesla MY or a RAV-4 hybrid? OFC MY :)
I was lucky to get the $1000 reduction from Tesla as well.
What reduction is this?
I am in the same boat. I've been driving Priuses for my whole life and now looking for a new crossover... So....Tesla MY or a RAV-4 hybrid? OFC MY :)
I was lucky to get the $1000 reduction from Tesla as well.
Applied 12/26.the cvap representative said we we're in final stage . But due to the no funds Everything was placed on hold, but she did mention we're on the reservation list. Sucks we had to deny our first vin number 2 days ago.
I see a price drop in the near future due to CVAP running out of funds. -3k by next quarter for LR MY

What I am not clear on is whether they are "processing" applications and just putting approved people on the reservation list, or have they just completely stopped working on the applications.
They said that when an application is approved it allocates money to that person until they use it or it expires, so essentially they can't approve any new applications until previously approved applications expire because people didn't use them or they get more funding.

They said that when an application is approved it allocates money to that person until they use it or it expires, so essentially they can't approve any new applications until previously approved applications expire because people didn't use them or they get more funding.
Which is why I hope that those thar buy their Teslas without CVAP can remove themselves from the reservation list so those that will wait the long wait will have less of a delay :)

did you get an email saying you got put on the reservation list?
No, I spoke with them the morning of the 17th. Account showed under review on the 16th wit an expiration Date. But now it just shows pending.
They posted on their twitter that they have important updates to announce soon.
Oh wow, thank you for the heads up I will have to look at this.

No, I spoke with them the morning of the 17th. Account showed under review on the 16th wit an expiration Date. But now it just shows pending.

Oh wow, thank you for the heads up I will have to look at this.
So their update wasn't an update... They shouldn't have posted such a confusing post.

" Hello! Thanks for reaching out! Our apologies for the confusion our post caused. The last post was an invitation for prospective CVA Program participants to follow our social media pages and to stay informed about the program. All important updates will be published on our Announcements page on the program’s website and social media pages. If you have questions regarding our Reservation List, we encourage you to visit the website. Thank you for your understanding."

Cvap is a very niche california program, tesla delivers close to 200k vehicles a qtr there is no way in hell they would lower the price on all their vehicles to help out 100 something buyers a month that CVAP helps.
Yeah was pretty shocked to see how few grants are given by CVAP a year, compared to CVRP. I assume once they accepted Teslas for their program, applications at least doubled, therefore an unexpected premature depletion of funds this month.

More like 7 months. But there were three months where 1 grant was approved. Looks like those who wait might be waiting awhile.

Seriously? I thought CvAP would fund a lot more than 100 applicants.
Seriously? I thought CvAP would fund a lot more than 100 applicants.
Here is a chart someone here posted a few days back. I havent been able to find the original but it seems legit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210322-222740_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210322-222740_Samsung Internet.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 79
Got on a call with CVAP today and they gave me some useful numbers.

Looks like there are currently around 300-400 on the reservation list, he didn't have the exact number.
About 20-30% people don't end up using the grant.
There are currently 2734 approved grants; some have 125 days to use it, some have 60 days to use it.

20% of the 2734 people who won't end up using it would be roughly 500 grants that should still be assigned to people on the current reservation list so if we're willing to wait 60-90 days or so we should have a good chance of getting it still especially those that applied in Dec and early Jan.

Looks like there are currently around 300-400 on the reservation list, he didn't have the exact number.
There are currently 2734 approved grants; some have 125 days to use it, some have 60 days to use it.

20% of the 2734 people who won't end up using it would be roughly 500 grants that should still be assigned to people on the current reservation list so if we're willing to wait 60-90 days or so we should have a good chance of getting it still especially those that applied in Dec and early Jan.
Wish I would have applied back in December. I applied 2/19, going to be a long wait for me lol

There's also a few people on the Reservation List who ended up buying a car without CVAP once funds ended, in this thread alone. And I'm sure that lots of others are doing the same. So maybe good news? When did you end up applying, 2/9 here.

Reactions: rbreeze