Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on this. Tesla WILL NOT apply the grant before taking a delivery date. They told me they cannot generate an agreement until delivery date therefore they have nothing to submit to to CVAP. I pushed and pushed for them to just fill out the form and send in my paperwork, but they are refusing. Sooo, short version, looks like I won't get delivery before my CVAP grant expiration date so somebody else will reap my loss. Best of luck to everyone with this program. I hope to get the rebates at least.

Edit: I have been researching the manuals and FAQ;s, turns out CVAP asks the dealership for signed grant letter, purchase contract, but what holds up Tesla is vehicle inspection report and vehicle history report. Things you cannot get until after you've been assigned a VIN # CVAP dealership requirements
Tesla won’t be able to help you, but try reaching out to the CVAP people to see if they might be willing to extend your deadline.

I ordered MY. There's just no existing inventory in my area. I used to see stuff all the time, then when it came down to the wire, nothing. And the incentive programs are closing. CVAP doesn't take new applications, and the CRVP program is closed effective today, 4/23, but you can at least get on a waiting list.
what specs, you can look online with different zip codes

When you are approved for a CVAP grant, which I was, they hold $5000 for you. If you do not redeem it and your grant expires, then it goes back into the pool. So, I would be able to get $5000 applied to my Tesla order, except Tesla won't do this without a VIN # they said. I have tried multiple angles with them and even provided them the dealership requirements from CVAP implementation manual asking they just submit my grant letter and RN # as deliver is estimated end of June, but my grant expires May 2. I hope others get luckier than I did. It's quite a gamble with Tesla's order/deliver and 60 day grant application.

this person on reddit was able to get their SA to rush their delivery to make the CVAP deadline.

Tesla won’t be able to help you, but try reaching out to the CVAP people to see if they might be willing to extend your deadline.
Thanks for the suggestion. Already did that. They won't extend it.

this person on reddit was able to get their SA to rush their delivery to make the CVAP deadline.
That's awesome! I did receive a call late in the date that they rushed me, too, and I'm set to take delivery Sunday! WOOHOO!!

So I have been waiting for the CVAP grant... but because of the lack of funding I went ahead and ordered my MY. However, is anyone else having issues with the delivery date? Mine went from May 2nd to May 12th to May 20th to May 27th. Now it’s June 02nd!! Does anyone have any advise on how I can expedite my order? I have no vehicle and don’t want to spend on a rental. Appreciate any help. Thank you!

When you are approved for a CVAP grant, which I was, they hold $5000 for you. If you do not redeem it and your grant expires, then it goes back into the pool. So, I would be able to get $5000 applied to my Tesla order, except Tesla won't do this without a VIN # they said. I have tried multiple angles with them and even provided them the dealership requirements from CVAP implementation manual asking they just submit my grant letter and RN # as deliver is estimated end of June, but my grant expires May 2. I hope others get luckier than I did. It's quite a gamble with Tesla's order/deliver and 60 day grant application.

2021 Model Y | Tesla

This one is inventory from San Diego. Remove FSD and and it's a really good deal. You'll definitely will be able to for CVAP grant.

Just to give an update to everyone - I applied on 12/23 and am still listed as "Under Review". This is going a LOT slower than I anticipated.
So frustrating, but thank you for sharing. I applied on 01/09 and have my fingers crossed that not many individuals applied over the holidays. Either way, I would appreciate them implementing an "opt-out" for award recipients that have already purchased a vehicle without grant funding. That would totally speed things along.

Either way, I would appreciate them implementing an "opt-out" for award recipients that have already purchased a vehicle without grant funding. That would totally speed things along.
They already have. I was sent this email back on 3/25:
Dear CVA Program Participant,

Congratulations again on receiving an Approval Letter from the CVA Program. We hope your clean vehicle shopping is going well.

We wanted to inform you that the CVA Program now has a Reservation List in place. The Reservation List does not impact your application and funds are available if you choose to redeem a grant. The Reservation List is in place because all remaining funds are currently reserved by program participants like you who have completed a qualifying application and received an Approval Letter. The Reservation List will impact applicants who have not yet received an Approval Letter, but it will not impact you. However, if you decide you do not need the clean vehicle grant please withdraw your application. This will provide other participants the opportunity to purchase a clean vehicle during these critical times.

If you would like to learn more about the Reservation List, please visit the Announcement page on our website before calling the CVA Program team.

Thank you,

The Clean Vehicle Assistance Program team

Thank you for applying for a rebate with the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP).
Para asistencia en español, por favor comuníquese con nuestro equipo al 1-866-550-8130.

Our team is sending you this message to confirm that your CVRP application is still in our queue and has not been forgotten. CVRP has received an unprecedented application volume in recent months. We are very excited about the significant increase, but unfortunately, processing times are longer than usual.

Called CVAP, January 2022 is when they are expecting any additional funding. Also, not a single person on the reservation list has received any "approval/reallocated funds". Seems like all those that got approved are using their grants.
Any idea what happens to those who applied with 2019 tax returns? Im assuming if funding won’t become available until 2022 then they’ll probably ask for updated returns?

Anyone know how long Tesla will keep your deposit and order open? I got up to the payment section and was conditionally approved for financing, but didn’t upload additional documents because of the CVAP delay and now that my application got closed, I’m not in a rush to get a new car until end of the year or even next year. And will Tesla also keep the pricing I got locked in this year? My SA only said no need to worry, but I’m still getting emails to finish my payment.

Anyone know how long Tesla will keep your deposit and order open? I got up to the payment section and was conditionally approved for financing, but didn’t upload additional documents because of the CVAP delay and now that my application got closed, I’m not in a rush to get a new car until end of the year or even next year. And will Tesla also keep the pricing I got locked in this year? My SA only said no need to worry, but I’m still getting emails to finish my payment.
You need to ask your SA to put your order “on hold” since you’re not ready to take delivery. I asked my SA to put mine on hold until 8/31/21. At any point when you’re ready, you can go into your Tesla account and click on the “I’m ready” button and your order will be active again. I have put my order on hold 2 separate occasions and my purchase price was locked in even though the price went up $1000 since I placed my order.