Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone on here on the reservation list received a grant at all?? I’m on the list and just twirling my thumbs waiting, kinda bummed that now if the grant ever comes I’m stuck with “Tesla vision” without radar. Thoughts?
Last time I checked with CVAP (early May), no one on the reservation list had received the grant. It is most likely that we will see approvals once they receive more funding from the State. Kinda sucks, new Ys are no radar and no lumbar support (passenger side), cost cutting IMO.

Anyone had the same issue like me?

I m in California: After "Air District" approved my application for the Grant award (about 3 wks ago) And they give me 60 days to buy a new car.
So I already ordered the MYSR 7 seats right on the same day I received the award)
I dont think Tesla could make the car for me in 60 days > what should I do when the Grant Award expiring in 60 days?

This is the email from "Air District" Award:
You have 60 days from the date of the award letter to purchase your vehicle at an authorized Clean Cars for All dealership.
You should present your award letter to the dealership upon arrival. You must work with the designated dealership contact (or their team) listed on our website who is trained by Clean Cars for All staff and can help you find a vehicle that meets program requirements. The grant award is applied at the point of sale, similar to a cash down payment, and you are responsible for any remaining balance. The dealership will be reimbursed directly by the Air District for the grant amount.

Appreciated for any answers or suggestions!!
Can you share your timeline for the air district grant process? We applied in early April, and the application moved to "in review" in late June. We are on about Day 90 now. Do you recall the approx number of days for the application to move from "in review" to "approved."? Thanks

Does anyone have any idea when the program will be funded again? Apparently this happened in 2020 as well. Do you know approximately when it will be available?

"Finally, we have not scheduled a date for reopening the CVA Program and we don’t expect to until 2022, so we encourage you to look at other incentive programs here if you need immediate assistance purchasing a clean vehicle."

Hello everyone I'm here because i need help deciding on my approval from CVAP.
I recently got approved by CVAP after a long wait (about 8 months). My expiration to use this grant is OCT 5 2022. I wanted the Model Y but delivery dates will exceed Oct 5 in which i have to reapply. I don't want to re-apply (that would be stupid because the program is closed). I've called CVAP many times to ask this question and the answer is always the same (you have to re-apply for the grant if the car / contract is not here before your expiration date)
my question is:
should i placed a order now for a model 3 (delivery oct - jan) and risk the $250 deposit or just buy a used one ASAP.
What would you guys do in this situation.

I recently got approved by CVAP after a long wait (about 8 months). My expiration to use this grant is OCT 5 2022. I wanted the Model Y but delivery dates will exceed Oct 5 in which i have to reapply. I don't want to re-apply (that would be stupid because the program is closed). I've called CVAP many times to ask this question and the answer is always the same (you have to re-apply for the grant if the car / contract is not here before your expiration date)
my question is:
should i placed a order now for a model 3 (delivery oct - jan) and risk the $250 deposit or just buy a used one ASAP.
Assume the any of the Estimated Delivery Date can be delayed. Knowing that, at this time both Performance of 3/Y have estimated delivery of Aug-Oct. LR of 3/Y is way later.

Since you're in California it's likely that a Performance version will be delivered at end of quarter - September is best case scenario.

If I were in your situation and wanting a Y - I would order a Performance Y now, hope for EOQ September delivery.

Back up will be on the look out to grab New or Used inventory Model to buy if no VIN is assigned for the New Order by end of September, before 5 October.

I had an approved CVAP grant expire on me because I waited for a refreshed version Model 3 instead of grabbing what was available then.

Attachments

• 20220714_223858.jpg
    20220714_223858.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 109
Assume the any of the Estimated Delivery Date can be delayed. Knowing that, at this time both Performance of 3/Y have estimated delivery of Aug-Oct. LR of 3/Y is way later.

Since you're in California it's likely that a Performance version will be delivered at end of quarter - September is best case scenario.

If I were in your situation and wanting a Y - I would order a Performance Y now, hope for EOQ September delivery.

Back up will be on the look out to grab New or Used inventory Model to buy if no VIN is assigned for the New Order by end of September, before 5 October.

I had an approved CVAP grant expire on me because I waited for a refreshed version Model 3 instead of grabbing what was available then.
Did you end up using the grant on an extension or re-sign or you just passed on the grant?
I have 50+ days left to use mine. I ordered a standard M3 with default options in the first week of July. The Tesla agent said that he would be able to get one for me by the end of this month. I'm depending on it, but debating if I should place an order for another different vehicle, maybe an Ioniq 5 or Mach-E.
Anyone else has experience with getting their Model 3 earlier than the estimate(or even later than the estimate). I heard there are a lot of buyers who either cancel or postpone the order, so others get a chance at it if it's the same build.

Did you end up using the grant on an extension or re-sign or you just passed on the grant?
I have 50+ days left to use mine. I ordered a standard M3 with default options in the first week of July. The Tesla agent said that he would be able to get one for me by the end of this month. I'm depending on it, but debating if I should place an order for another different vehicle, maybe an Ioniq 5 or Mach-E.
Anyone else has experience with getting their Model 3 earlier than the estimate(or even later than the estimate). I heard there are a lot of buyers who either cancel or postpone the order, so others get a chance at it if it's the same build.
It expired, and can not re-qualify due income limits and then they ran out of funds.

my question is:
My question is how did you get the CVAP after 8 months? The program closed in March 2021. Are you not in california?

It looks like the vehicle must be under 45k including taxes. That means the Model Y is NOT eligible right?
CVAP does not have a price limit for eligible cars.

Not to confuse this thread is about CVAP not CVRP, see below.

CVRP has limit on base MSRP - not including taxes:
  • Have a base Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the following vehicle categories:
    • Base MSRP of $60,000 or less for vehicles that fall under the Large Vehicles category. This includes minivans, pickups, and SUVs.
    • Base MSRP of $45,000 or less for vehicles that fall under the Cars category. These are all other light-duty vehicles classes (e.g.; hatchbacks, sedans, wagons, and two-seaters).
The Model 3 and Model Y are now eligible under CVRP since their base MSRP are within the above limits.

CVRP: Can I apply for a rebate for my Tesla Model 3 or Tesla Model Y? | Clean Vehicle Rebate Project
CVAP: Eligibility - Clean Vehicle Assistance Program
CVAP: - Clean Vehicle Assistance Program

BTW, CVAP has reopened with limited funding and accepting applicants.