Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning Cloth Headliner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife took delivery of her 3 a few weeks ago and we didn't notice at the time that there is a black smudge on the headliner above the driver's door. While I could probably complain to Tesla and take it in for cleaning, it isn't worth it for such a trivial thing.

Any suggestions / recommendations on cleaning products? I don't want to make the mark worse, and DEFINITELY don't want to stain the material.

Thanks,

cookieman

Been there, twice. Back from tire rotations, black smudge on headliner above driver's door. Got a clean sponge, tiny bit of water, touched finger to dish detergent, wiped it off, then wiped on sponge and squeezed to get it spread evenly. Then tiny bit of rubbing alcohol. Sponge was wet, but not dripping.

Touched this to grease and/or rubber smear. It soaked into headliner padding and took smudge with it. Touched two more times to finish job. No smudge remnant. Totally gone. Second time was after Tesla had it. I did not have them try to fix it. Same treatment, same results.

I guess one might think the smudge needs to end up on the sponge, but this defies physics. Good luck.

Reactions: cookieman