Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation for cleaning product for the light coloured interior fabric

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen lots of discussion about cleaning the fake leather but not so many on the light coloured fabric of the interior. I'll not go into it but a recent service visit had left some grubby finger marks and what looks like an oily stain and attempts by Tesla to clean have not exactly proved worthwhile. I've asked for them to replace the affected part, but won't hold my breath.

So anyway, has anyone used and would recommend anything before I end up spreading this and no doubt making it worse?

I've seen lots of discussion about cleaning the fake leather but not so many on the light coloured fabric of the interior. I'll not go into it but a recent service visit had left some grubby finger marks and what looks like an oily stain and attempts by Tesla to clean have not exactly proved worthwhile. I've asked for them to replace the affected part, but won't hold my breath.

So anyway, has anyone used and would recommend anything before I end up spreading this and no doubt making it worse?
I had some dirty hand marks on mine when initially delivered. I used an Autoglym spray shampoo, not too much, and rubbed with a dry microfibres cloth. It cleaned up instantly with no spreading of the dirt. I’ll try to remember to take a photo of the spray and post on here.

Reactions: WllXM and plisken
I had some dirty hand marks on mine when initially delivered. I used an Autoglym spray shampoo, not too much, and rubbed with a dry microfibres cloth. It cleaned up instantly with no spreading of the dirt. I’ll try to remember to take a photo of the spray and post on here.
I believe you mean this one? I have used it too and very pleased with the results

Reactions: Adopado and plisken

I had exactly that and Tesla did actually fix it - to the point that I thought they had replaced part of the head lining. May be worth raising it again and, as I did, and get a mobile visit. Mobile are much closer to the customer rather than the often anonymous service centres so in my experience, be more likely to get the job done to the customers satisfaction.

I will see if I can root out my conversation that I had with them when I was asking them what to use so see if they recommended anything. But certainly, in our case, ranger had exactly the right stuff with them.

Reactions: plisken
@MrBadger They are checking availability of parts, I had suggested that as they couldn't clean it (was a mobile visit as part of other things that were not right following 2 weeks in their workshop) that they replace the part.

I wasnt hopeful that they would actually replace the part but at the end of the day, they caused the problem and on that note, outside of small garages, I dont think I have ever collected any cars that I've owned from a dealership and found that they had not at least given it a wash and vaccuum. But not with Tesla, they seem to give you some extra dirt and marks for free.