Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning Help - Debris under carpet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,

I just purchased a used Model S. BEST CAR EVER!

The previous owner spilled some soak beads to clean up a spill. He dumped all the soak beads out and thought he cleaned them up but it turns out a bunch of them got UNDER the carpet, in between the carpet and the battery. Now when i turn, it sounds like a million beads are going back and forth in my car. SO ANNOYING!

This is a long shot, but does anyone have experience with cleaning UNDER the carpet? how do i access it? should I cut a small sliver in the carpet so i can stick a vacuum down there?

Thank you

Bummer. Definitely do not cut a slit because it will eventually cause the carpet to stretch. Unfortunately, the only way to do it is to pull up some of the side trim to access the edge of the carpet. I'd suggest the door sill panel. That's the easies access. Most panels simply pop off and then snap back in. Tesla interior panels are known for being hard to pop off. It takes a good strong yank, while being mindful to not tweak, or twist the panel. Then you could get a flat nozzle underneath. Hopefully you can get them all. I've pulled several panels off with no problems.

Good luck!

My son decapitated a Lego figurine and dropped its noggin on the floor. It rolled (I think) into one of the access panels under the driver's seat, and now I too hear that lego head rolling around when I turn. Definitely annoying. (Wish the design had some cover to close those panels off!)

I might try this trick...

My son decapitated a Lego figurine and dropped its noggin on the floor. It rolled (I think) into one of the access panels under the driver's seat, and now I too hear that lego head rolling around when I turn. Definitely annoying. (Wish the design had some cover to close those panels off!)

I might try this trick...

Something else you might consider is a vacuum attachment for cleaning dryer vents; you can snake the long flexible tube under the carpet using one of those access panels under the seat, or from the sides by pulling off some of the door sill trim as suggested by others.

51EfIEr1anL._SY300_.jpg

Best of luck!

Reactions: CHG-ON