Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning the plastic headliner holes next to hazard light button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I managed to somehow stick a banana in the holes while feeding my child. Can’t really see it well in this picture but there’s banana in maybe a third of those tiny holes. I tried wet wipes and kleenex tissues but doesn’t do much. I tried popping it out but couldn’t. I can’t think of a good way to clean this thing. Please help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    557.1 KB · Views: 100
I managed to somehow stick a banana in the holes while feeding my child. Can’t really see it well in this picture but there’s banana in maybe a third of those tiny holes. I tried wet wipes and kleenex tissues but doesn’t do much. I tried popping it out but couldn’t. I can’t think of a good way to clean this thing. Please help.

You didn't try hard enough. It pulls out. It's held on by two spring clips. The whole assembly will come out then there is one plug to disconnect. After that you can unclip the top plastic cover from it and just wash it.

Look up model Y dome light on ebay if you want to see what it looks like.

Reactions: simdank
Upvote 0
I’ll try that. Thanks 😭
YW. Not saying I ever tried that myself, but it’s what I’d try if I were in your predicament. (though I do like the suggestion in post #5). I definitely feel your pain; something like that would really bother me too, but I have to say that I can’t help but chuckle at visualizing how the banana incident may have happened. I’m a new grandpa, and had forgotten the challenges of feeding a child. Like I said, I feel you.

Reactions: simdank
Upvote 0
YW. Not saying I ever tried that myself, but it’s what I’d try if I were in your predicament. (though I do like the suggestion in post #5). I definitely feel your pain; something like that would really bother me too, but I have to say that I can’t help but chuckle at visualizing how the banana incident may have happened. I’m a new grandpa, and had forgotten the challenges of feeding a child. Like I said, I feel you.
I have no idea what happened. A 4yo in a front-facing carseat, a 9mo in a rear-facing carseat and their mom in the middle seat while I was holding the banana for less than a minute in the driver seat parked in a grocery store parking lot. So sad but it’s going to be okay haha

Upvote 0