Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning tips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20191221_125928.jpg
20191221_125937.jpg
Hi! I took delivery of my P3D+ yesterday, it had a lot of stains but I live far away from the delivery center and they didn't know if they could get it cleaned and ready the same day, so I added a concern and took the car home. The stains on the seats came right off, but I tried to gently clean the sunscreen with a damp cloth and the stain just spread.

I didn't dare to try the other stain on the passenger side in case the same happens. Does anyone have any tips on how to get it off?
Sidenote: how the F are the delivery people treating these cars? Mine had 2km on the odometer, and it looked like somebody had a mud fight in it. It has white interior so it was REALLY obvious that the car wasn't clean.

2nd that, the Magic Erasers, but be gentle.

Tesla Mobile service replaced my front left column liner piece, but the car was in the garage with minimal light at the time. Once I drove out in the driveway after they left, all I could see is the service man's hand print, not only on the column, but the top portion as well with his one big hand print staring me in the face.

I used the magic eraser dipped in a little water and it worked well and looks brand new again. I had bought a 20 pack on Amazon to use for just about everything. The Tesla silver liner picks up stains of your hands very easy!

I sent my red model 3 through a car wash with brushes today, and that was a mistake. I had a coupon left from my previous car and I didn't want to clean the interior myself, and it's cold out, so, despite the warnings not to do that, I did it. The car wash had someone ride in the car as it went along the floor conveyor system, to keep it in neutral I presume. All seemed to go well but now that I can view the car in the sunshine I see many micro-scratches (if that's the right term) where the brushes spun against the car. Will those disappear when I hand wash and wax it, or am I stuck with them now?

I sent my red model 3 through a car wash with brushes today, and that was a mistake. I had a coupon left from my previous car and I didn't want to clean the interior myself, and it's cold out, so, despite the warnings not to do that, I did it. The car wash had someone ride in the car as it went along the floor conveyor system, to keep it in neutral I presume. All seemed to go well but now that I can view the car in the sunshine I see many micro-scratches (if that's the right term) where the brushes spun against the car. Will those disappear when I hand wash and wax it, or am I stuck with them now?
Gotta Polish the scratches off. Never take your car to a non-touch less car wash for that reason.

[i! I took delivery of my P3D+ yesterday, it had a lot of stains but I live far away from the delivery center and they didn't know if they could get it cleaned and ready the same day, so I added a concern and took the car home. The stains on the seats came right off, but I tried to gently clean the sunscreen with a damp cloth and the stain just spread.

I didn't dare to try the other stain on the passenger side in case the same happens. Does anyone have any tips on how to get it off?
Sidenote: how the F are the delivery people treating these cars? Mine had 2km on the odometer, and it looked like somebody had a mud fight in it. It has white interior so it was REALLY obvious that the car wasn't clean.

What you really need is a steam cleaner. This will loosen the dirt/stain and you wipe it off with a standard wash cloth. I have removed many headliner stains with this method.

Here's an example of what you need: http://www.mccullochsteam.com/products/MC1275-Canister-Steam-Cleaner