Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clicking noise during hard acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interestingly, I let the car warm up a bit (until no more yellow lines on the regen section of vehicle display). After that, noise is present at standard, but not at low.

You're probably at the threshold angle at which it starts to occur which can change as the joint expands or contracts due to temperature.

I solved my issue permanently by lowering the car 1" at all settings and making sure I only accelerate hard on the lowest setting. 10K miles later and it hasn't returned.

It might depend on the particular service center. My service center (Watertown, MA) did not hesitate to replace to two front axles once they confirmed the problem. I have had to bring my car to them twice for warranty service (failed window regulator was the second issue) and they have provided excellent service. I have nothing but praise for them.

It might be a good idea to call and speak to someone at your SC to confirm they will do the repair.

It might depend on the particular service center. My service center (Watertown, MA) did not hesitate to replace to two front axles once they confirmed the problem. I have had to bring my car to them twice for warranty service (failed window regulator was the second issue) and they have provided excellent service. I have nothing but praise for them.

It might be a good idea to call and speak to someone at your SC to confirm they will do the repair.
Thanks, thats what I'll do.