Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll only say that there are many highly educated intelligent thoughtful compassionate people who do not believe that giving up a prosperous lifestyle and/or their car will save the world. I respect the thoughts on both side of the issue, and I appreciate your question.

With all due respect physics isn't a matter of opinion and clearly we don't need to burn hydrocarbons as a fuel source to maintain a prosperous lifestyle.

Some people think the Earth is flat. Some accept that it's an oblate spheroid. One is right, one is wrong. There can't be a difference of opinion when it's not a matter of opinion... It should be possible to respect opinions where they exist and also that sometimes people are incorrect with regards to facts.

Last edited:
If we are going to give credibility to "scientists find", they need to stop publishing nonsense like this. It was 117 degrees in Riverside, CA when I was born, and I resent the implication.
If you want to discuss the methodology, here is the study. Specific commentary on that would be permitted here, but future dismissal by personal anecdote will be moved away.

If we are going to give credibility to "scientists find", they need to stop publishing nonsense like this. It was 117 degrees in Riverside, CA when I was born, and I resent the implication.
This news article covers six peer reviewed studies documenting effects of heat and pollution.
Your anecdotal recollection is irrelevant. I'm not sure why you are resentful. This is also irrelevant.

Your right, I don't belong in this thread as it is entirely one sided.

... that's how science works. A Hydrogen atom has 1 proton. CO2 is 40% higher than it was a century ago. That rise can be 100% attributed to humanities pathetic addiction to fools fuel. CO2 increases radiative forcing. There is no 'other side' to those facts...

Around 36 min mark, Texas and its third world power system mentioned.

We need to remember that the stereotype of "third world" countries dysfunction isn't just that they are incompetent; they are also thoroughly corrupted by the rich and powerful running things for their own benefit to the exclusion of everyone else.
Oil and gas run Texas. They maximize profit for themselves.
Tech companies are looking for the same advantages.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911