Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who are lil' snowflake liberals, you may find this insensitive. Well, I'm just all broken up over that. But here it is. Obama is clearly not concerned about "climate change."

I find it ignorant and simplistic. If you actually look at the location and the distance from the water you'd realize that
1. It's high enough and far enough away from the shoreline that Obama will likely be long gone before it's a concern and
2. He has enough money that he could lose the property and not care.

There is nothing more snowflake and sensitive than backwards thinking close minded conservatives deathly afraid of change.

You'll have to do much much better with your arguments but you've proven childishly incapable of doing so.

Mystery solved. Yeah, cherry picking data to 'show' global cooling. LOL

Yahoo! Voices: Blue spot on map reveals a warning for the climate.
This effect was predicted a while ago and is something I've long been concerned with. It's a simple concept which is unfortunately too complicated for the denialists to grasp.

Reactions: eevee-fan
Wrong. UAH measures the earth's temperature globally! Check the breakdown of the regions:

If you think Dr. Spencer is a physics denier, go to his blog page and tell him that. I am eager to see the responses you get. All you have to do is provide an email address and a moniker to blog on his site.
Wrong again. It’s right on the chart:

UAH_LT_1979_thru_April_2021_v6.jpg

Global Lower Atmosphere. There is an upper atmosphere as well as land and ocean temperatures.

This is what I mean by physics deniers. You claimed global temperature was back down to what it was in the 80’s completely ignoring the extra heat in the ocean and land that dwarfs the drop in lower atmospheric temperatures Dr Spencer is claiming to observe.

To believe as you do requires you to dismiss basic laws of thermodynamics, that energy is neither created nor destroyed. For your statement to be true all extra heat since the 80’s from the atmosphere, ocean and land would have had to escape to space. That has observably NOT happened. Hence physics denying.

Truth is determined by OBSERVATION! When observations were not confirming previous predictions by the advocates of human-caused global warming theory, then the raw data was manipulated to fit the predictions of warming. The past was made colder and the present was made warmer. These are called "adjustments," which is just a fancy word for fudging.

And yet you have chosen which "observations" to believe based on your desired outcome. And throw names and insults at those who disagree with you. This undermines your credibility .. it's actually possible that some of the sources you quote may have raised some valid issues, but childish name-calling just makes you and (by association) those sources seem to belong to a lunatic fringe which is not worth bothering with.

We are talking climate, not microwave ovens

How does something cooler heat up something warmer?
How? The answer is simply: with radiation.

That discussion was a while ago, but I still feel like giving another example than microwave:

The mirrors of a large concentrated solar power plant, one of those with a large tower in the center and lots of mirrors around. The fluid in the tower reaches something like 500–1000 °C, while the mirrors remain at ambient temperature.

Or the black paint of a car standing in the sun. Although the paint may get hot too, it isn't the paint itself which is heating the black car more than a white car.

Reactions: mspohr
Will not happen in our lifetime. You love your EV, I love my ICE. Just do not know why folks have to get emotional about we like different stuff

Only facts in life are death and taxes. Everything else can be spun

Wouldn't characterizing opposition to activities that increase atmospheric CO2 as 'liking different stuff' be an incredible amount of disingenuous 'spin'? .... but.... you were probably aware of that weren't you? ;) Is projection an intentional core value or does it just happen?

We are talking climate, not microwave ovens

How does something cooler heat up something warmer?
That has been answered several times here, and yet you have ignored the answers. Why?

To repeat, at no time does any component of a microwave oven reach 100C, and yet it can boil water. How do your explain that? And yes, until you can understand that, you cannot claim to have any understanding of global warming, since the two are essentially driven by the same mechanism.

I find it ignorant and simplistic. If you actually look at the location and the distance from the water you'd realize that
1. It's high enough and far enough away from the shoreline that Obama will likely be long gone before it's a concern and
2. He has enough money that he could lose the property and not care.

There is nothing more snowflake and sensitive than backwards thinking close minded conservatives deathly afraid of change.

You'll have to do much much better with your arguments but you've proven childishly incapable of doing so.
You are grasping at thin air trying to explain away Obama's indifference to so-called "climate change" by his choice of a homestead. When Obama said "the sea level will fall, and the planet would heal" due to his election, I'm sure the likes of you swooned,

Good gawd, your ignorance stuns even me. The surface of the earth includes both land and ocean.

Reading is FUNdamental. :)

Those are surface temperatures (also rising). What percentage of the ocean do you think is the surface?

The post you responded to was ocean heat content NOT surface temperatures. If the water column 1km down is warming.... how would you know by looking at only the surface? The Spencer data you're citing is.... well.... I have absolutely no idea where those ovservations came from and apparently neither does anyone else... but they're clearly NOT ocean heat content.

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 8.42.09 PM.png

Last edited:
Wrong again. It’s right on the chart:

UAH_LT_1979_thru_April_2021_v6.jpg

Global Lower Atmosphere. There is an upper atmosphere as well as land and ocean temperatures.

This is what I mean by physics deniers. You claimed global temperature was back down to what it was in the 80’s completely ignoring the extra heat in the ocean and land that dwarfs the drop in lower atmospheric temperatures Dr Spencer is claiming to observe.

To believe as you do requires you to dismiss basic laws of thermodynamics, that energy is neither created nor destroyed. For your statement to be true all extra heat since the 80’s from the atmosphere, ocean and land would have had to escape to space. That has observably NOT happened. Hence physics denying.
And you are just grasping at anything to discredit Spencer with. And yet again, you fall flat on your face. UAH publishes data not only of the Lower-Troposphere, but the Mid-Troposphere, Tropopause, and Lower Stratosphere. Look below the digital data below the graph.

The Lower Troposphere is front and center because that part of the atmosphere is closet to the earth's surface, which includes both land on ocean. I've noticed some of you here did not know that UAH measures the temperature of the lower troposphere over both land and ocean!

• Disagree
And you are just grasping at anything to discredit Spencer with. And yet again, you fall flat on your face. UAH publishes data not only of the Lower-Troposphere, but the Mid-Troposphere, Tropopause, and Lower Stratosphere. Look below the digital data below the graph.

The Lower Troposphere is front and center because that part of the atmosphere is closet to the earth's surface, which includes both land on ocean. I've noticed some of you here did not know that UAH measures the temperature of the lower troposphere over both land and ocean!

Did you ever figure out where spencers data is coming from?

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 8.46.36 PM.png

Reading is FUNdamental. :)

The post you responded to was ocean heat content NOT surface temperatures. If the water column 1km down is warming.... how would you know by looking at only the surface? The Spencer data you're citing is.... well.... I have absolutely no idea where those ovservations came from and apparently neither does anyone else... but they're clearly NOT ocean heat content.

View attachment 662706
I know it is a heat content graph. We've had a multi-decadal warming period because of the warming oceans. El Ninos dominate during a warming ocean period. But guess what? La Ninas dominate during cooling ocean cycles. And that is what we have in store for us during the next 3 tp 4 decades. It is just now starting. Solar physicists are thinking this.