Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Control Auto On After Upate To 8.01

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Y'all!

I've noticed recently that since updating to the last software update released a couple of weeks ago, when entering my MS, the climate control will automatically turn on when I've left it off before exiting. In fact I rarely use climate control and always turn it off.

I thought it might be something buggy with the Cabin Overheat Protection feature because the vents were blowing cool air so it's been turned off and yet I still encountered the problem. It doesn't happen every time so I'm a bit stumped. Admittedly I haven't had a chance to really troubleshoot but thought to ask in case someone has a solution.

Cheers,

Patrick

Hey Y'all!

I've noticed recently that since updating to the last software update released a couple of weeks ago, when entering my MS, the climate control will automatically turn on when I've left it off before exiting. In fact I rarely use climate control and always turn it off.

I thought it might be something buggy with the Cabin Overheat Protection feature because the vents were blowing cool air so it's been turned off and yet I still encountered the problem. It doesn't happen every time so I'm a bit stumped. Admittedly I haven't had a chance to really troubleshoot but thought to ask in case someone has a solution.

Cheers,

Patrick
How about "Smart Preconditioning"? Is that on and are you on your way to work or home when this happens or does is go on every time no matter where you're going?

How about "Smart Preconditioning"? Is that on and are you on your way to work or home when this happens or does is go on every time no matter where you're going?
I forgot about smart conditioning! My sales rep might have turned that on the last time I chatted with him but I don't have a set schedule so I told him it wouldn't work for me. I'll check that out. Thanks for that!

Reactions: msnow
I assume you uninstalled it but you should also change your MyTesla password to make sure it can't access your car anymore. At least you can then rule it out.
Oh, I didn't install Induction. It was just a suggestion to the OP's problem, in case he may be running a 3rd party app like Induction.
Excellent point on changing the password to change the token!

Oh, I didn't install Induction. It was just a suggestion to the OP's problem, in case he may be running a 3rd party app like Induction.
Excellent point on changing the password to change the token!
Nope. Never tried that app. The only other tool I have is EVE but that runs off of the browser only and doesn't have any controls. It only provides information and access to personal emails.

The issue hasn't appeared today so I'm stumped as to what's triggering it.