Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

clipped side mirror while parking, scratched bottom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just watched my mom clip the right passenger side mirror (I cringed so hard) as she was parking inside the garage, how much yall think this is gonna cost to fix? The mirror also moved abit but I was able to pop it back into place, only scratches I could see is under the mirror itself around the black area and not the white paint. She just got this vehicle too a few days ago D: here is a picture sorry about the low quality picture. I am in Canada, please link me some solutions from amazon.ca or other Canadian sites/shops that can fix for cheap or if going to the same official Tesla dealer that we bought it from would be cheaper to fix? cant seem to clean it off so its probably surface level scratch. I circled the parts that are scratched. Thanks for your help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-04 210100.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-04 210100.png
    908.6 KB · Views: 8
Just watched my mom clip the right passenger side mirror (I cringed so hard) as she was parking inside the garage, how much yall think this is gonna cost to fix? The mirror also moved abit but I was able to pop it back into place, only scratches I could see is under the mirror itself around the black area and not the white paint. She just got this vehicle too a few days ago D: here is a picture sorry about the low quality picture. I am in Canada, please link me some solutions from amazon.ca or other Canadian sites/shops that can fix for cheap or if going to the same official Tesla dealer that we bought it from would be cheaper to fix? cant seem to clean it off so its probably surface level scratch. I circled the parts that are scratched. Thanks for your help
It's on the bottom and the mirror works okay? Sharpie is your friend.

1717549861462.png

Reactions: johnnycnote
Upvote 0
mirror seems fine from what I tested, closes no issues and moves, and thanks for your suggestion, I read on some other threads that paint touchup would also work, is that recommended too?
It's not a painted surface, just black plastic. In the settings you can have the mirrors automatically fold when you pull into the driveway.

Tesla is going to be a 4 digit number.

Have you tried used parts?

I'd cry a little every time I saw it, but I'd try to live with it.

Upvote 0
Check Tesla EPC. Looks like the right mirror is part number 1035181-01-J. Here's an eBay listing for a white one:

And one without the white skull cap (you should be able to reuse your old one as long as you don't break the clips)

Upvote 0