Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Close to ordering an AWD in White

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed in that Rivian will likely face a number of logistical issues. I was referring to how much I like its designs (trucks/SUV) and features; and, if it were under the Tesla badge, I definitely would consider one.

There are soooo many issues with Rivian
-Not proven at all, all the bugs will hit the first buyers
-If they go belly up, no maintenance
-no OTA, superchargers, FSD hardware
These would be deal breakers for me.
3 is fun and not expensive. AWD is plenty fast. Good luck.

I'm considering Y for later too. But no $7.5k credit and likely base price is at least $5k more.

Sure did -- put down my deposit last night. Won't get it for a few days as I'm working out of town.

- White exterior (might try to find a Silver Metallic)
- Black interior
- AWD
- 18" Aero wheels (will immediately put on winter tires as I'm in northern Utah); likely 19" after-market wheels for other seasons
- no EAP

Did you jump in?? :) If so, what did you get?

OP I was in a really similar situation as you. I mountain bike a ton, ski in winter etc. I had a '12 Toyota 4Runner with only 45k on it that was flawless but I was ready to move on from ICE. I rented a RWD M3 for a day via Turo and was sold. EVs are just hands down a better driving experience. I did some research and found that there are hitches made for the M3 so I put my deposit down. Ended up getting my car in less than two weeks and have been absolutely loving it. Yes there are some compromises and it's much smaller than I'm used to but people are overcarred as a rule and we could all get by with smaller vehicles. The trunk is huge and the trunk is always there although inconvenient.

I bought a hitch during black Friday and with that should be good to go. I wish there was a ski pass through in the rear seats though. That's a definite miss.

I too would buy the Rivian if made by Tesla. Their infrastructure just gives piece of mind. Still considering putting a deposit down though. In two years my wife could take the 3 and I get the Rivian.

OP

Good luck I had MR originally then went to LR, they failed delivery and I said screw it give me AWD.

I don’t want any regrets on a large purchase , and many if you scour .... wanted or were curious about AWD after the fact.
Also if I’m done with this car in 2 years, this will be more desirable on resale, I’ll recoup some of the fun/handling tax I paid for AWD.

Same spec as yours , I’m still waiting.

Sure did -- put down my deposit last night. Won't get it for a few days as I'm working out of town.

- White exterior (might try to find a Silver Metallic)
- Black interior
- AWD
- 18" Aero wheels (will immediately put on winter tires as I'm in northern Utah); likely 19" after-market wheels for other seasons
- no EAP

I have a white P3D stealth (no PUP) and put my road bike in the back multiple times a week (obviously with the seats folded down). I previously had a silver Model S. It takes a more work to get the bike in compared to the S, especially if I don't take the front wheel off but it's certainly doable. I also purchased a floor mat:

TrafficMASTER Charcoal 36 in. x 48 in. Commercial Door Mat-483098 - The Home Depot

that I keep in the back to help protect the interior from the bike. With the S hatchback, dropping a bike in is super easy. Since I've have experience with both white and silver, I will say that the white shows more dirt than I expected. I live in a rural area and I really notice the dirt more on the white M3. The silver did a better job hiding it.

Reactions: SCW-Greg