Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cloud Profile Multiple Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been practicing my google skills but have not been able to see if I am having an issue, or if it is just a coincidence.

Background, I have a 2019 M3 now running 2023.7.20 (Beta 11.4.4) and a 2021 MY running 2023.12.11 (Beta 11.3.6). The MY gets parked in my garage, the M3 is parked in the driveway. I want to have walk away locks on both, with exclude home on the MY, and INCLUDE home on the M3 (since it is parked outside). We have 2 cloud profiles, my wife and mine. They both show up in both vehicles.

It seems like the cloud profile makes them both follow the same settings. If I go to the M3 and turn off Exclude Home, once synced the MY locks in the garage. If I check off Exclude Home on the MY, then the M3 wont lock when I walk away at home while sitting in the driveway.

Has anyone with 2 Tesla's, and cloud profiles, have the same issue?

Sure would be easier if I had the space for both cars in the garage...

The whole point of cloud profiles is to use the same settings in multiple cars. If you want different settings, you need to use a different profile in each car.

True, but I think I have an example that will become much more common as more become multiple Telsa households. There are going to be people who consistently drive more than one Tesla, and need different settings between the two. Not everyone has multiple car garages, some can only park one inside.

It is almost like, there needs to be a menu for which features you want pushed to the cloud, and which should remain local to the vehicle.

I think I read somewhere that that seating and mirrors are only cloud shared between like models (i.e. M3 and M3, or MY and MY), which makes sense since the seating position and vehicle proportions are different. So, someone at Tesla did have the idea that some items in the cloud should not be shared between all vehicles.

I was hoping that this was just a glitch, and not actually cloud based.

I have 2 Teslas and one set to keep Sentry mode off at home and the other has it on. My wife and I only have 1 cloud profile each.

When you drive your wife's Tesla, do the Sentry mode, and walk away locks ignore home features both remain independent? Since Sentry mode is in a different location of the UI, I'm wondering if you tried walk away locks?

Also, do you go in between cars often?

We have one wall charger (in the garage), this is the first full week of having both cars. I just got the M3 back from the body shop (got the MY 2 weeks ago while the M3 was at the shop). My wife's commute is very short, so she will go days without charging, I have to charge daily. So, I will be responsible for vehicle charging... Because of this, I will be going into her car 2-4 times a week to shuffle the cars for charging.

True, but I think I have an example that will become much more common as more become multiple Telsa households. There are going to be people who consistently drive more than one Tesla, and need different settings between the two. Not everyone has multiple car garages, some can only park one inside.

It is almost like, there needs to be a menu for which features you want pushed to the cloud, and which should remain local to the vehicle.

I think I read somewhere that that seating and mirrors are only cloud shared between like models (i.e. M3 and M3, or MY and MY), which makes sense since the seating position and vehicle proportions are different. So, someone at Tesla did have the idea that some items in the cloud should not be shared between all vehicles.

I was hoping that this was just a glitch, and not actually cloud based.
Tesla could implement something, but it's a lot easier for you to just use different profiles. Cloud profiles are designed for people who want the same settings across different cars. Using separate profiles is a lot less complicated than being able to pick and choose which settings you want to sync across cars.

We have two Teslas, my 2023 Model S and my wife's 2018 Model 3, both of which I drive. My previous S was a 2018. Before I got the new one, I created a cloud profile in my wife's 3 for two reasons:
  1. I sometimes rent a Model 3 when traveling and wanted to have access to my settings. That has worked out pretty well.
  2. I wanted to transfer the settings from my wife's 3 to my new S (knowing that seat/mirror/wheel positions wouldn't transfer). My old S didn't support cloud profiles.
After I migrated the settings to my new S, I created a local profile there and started using that, because I don't need any settings to sync between my S and my wife's 3. Note that there's a bug where my S still selects the cloud profile many times instead of the local one, even though I've repeatedly associated the local profile with my phone. I would delete the cloud profile in my S if there was a way to do so, because I don't need it there anymore.

I think the issue is that my house is designed with the rooms above the garage. When I got to my MY this morning, the doors were locked, and when I got in and pressed the brake pedal, my wife's cloud profile popped up, even though she was in the house, and I was next to the car with my phone (I am set as the primary on the MY, and my wife is primary on the M3).

I think when her phone is in range it is changing all the settings to her cloud profile settings.

I'm not sure how this is all going to work, going to have to do some testing...

Our Model 3 selects my wife's profile occasionally when I'm the only one in the car, or my wife is with me but doesn't have her phone. I think her phone is still within Bluetooth range when it's in the house. That's not a new issue, at least not for me.

We have two MYs and I am using the same cloud profile in both cars. I am having a hard time with the seat positions. When I switch to the other car, the seat is not in the right position. If I adjust but not save, things are fine when I move back to the first. But if I adjust and save, things are messed up when I switch back.

I don’t get it. Since both cars are the same model, I would think the seat position would be easy.

Any ideas? What could I be doing wrong?

Reactions: kriskros91
I think I found the answer to the seat position when switching cars!!

It appears that "seat calibration" resolves this problem. I did a seat calibration on both cars, and then re-saved the profile on one of them. Both cars now move into the correct position!

Seat Calibration is a button in controls->service-> seat calibration button.

So this is lame there is no way to use cloud profile on one car and local in another. As soon as you associate your cloud profile with a phone key, it does it for the other car. Is the only way around this to not use cloud profiles at all?

One car sits on the driveway the other in the garage so I want them to have different lock / sentry modes.

So this is lame there is no way to use cloud profile on one car and local in another. As soon as you associate your cloud profile with a phone key, it does it for the other car. Is the only way around this to not use cloud profiles at all?

One car sits on the driveway the other in the garage so I want them to have different lock / sentry modes.
I have 2 cars using cloud profiles. They have different sentry mode settings.

I think I found the answer to the seat position when switching cars!!

It appears that "seat calibration" resolves this problem. I did a seat calibration on both cars, and then re-saved the profile on one of them. Both cars now move into the correct position!

Seat Calibration is a button in controls->service-> seat calibration button.
I did this in our 2 Ys and still have profile issues between them. In one it's fine, in the other it lies me flat...