Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cloud profile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While in the car, select your profile that you have created. Under the car icon bottom left, select lock. The keycard that you are using should say active. Select the people icon and it should select the current profile.
While in the car, select your profile that you have created. Under the car icon bottom left, select lock. The keycard that you are using should say active. Select the people icon and it should select the current profile.
I own two teslas and I have created a cloud profile. The hertz rental does not show my cloud profile.

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue on a used telsa I just purchased. My pervious Tesla (post cloud update) had my email address in the driver list. This new to me one (2022.28.2) won't show my or my wife's profiles even though the car is in both our Tesla apps (seoera) sperate accounts).

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue on a used telsa I just purchased. My pervious Tesla (post cloud update) had my email address in the driver list. This new to me one (2022.28.2) won't show my or my wife's profiles even though the car is in both our Tesla apps (seoera) sperate accounts).
Which Model Tesla did you purchase? Legacy S and Y cars don’t support cloud profiles (yet).

Upvote 0
You probably already did it if you saw e-mail addresses before, but here's what it says in the manual:

Driver profile settings, such as seat adjustments, temperature preferences, navigation Recents and Favorites, media settings, and data sharing preferences can be saved into a Tesla Profile that is synced to every supported vehicle under your Tesla Account. This provides convenient access to your profile settings and preferences across all your Tesla supported vehicles.

To set up your Tesla Profile, navigate to Driver Profile Settings and select your Tesla Account name. You can choose to set it up as a New Profile or copy the settings from an existing driver profile that you were previously using.

Our Model 3 is still on 2022.20.9, so we don't have cloud profiles yet.

Upvote 0
Here is what I have. I don't even see our Tesla Account name, and we're on 2022.36.6

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-29 at 9.33.13 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-10-29 at 9.34.26 PM.jpeg

Upvote 0
I'm still having this issue but now I just picked up a 2023 M3 and my profile does not sync to either car, however my wife's syncs to both.

I was on the phone with Tesla support tonight and we tried multiple things. In the end they said that since my wife was the primary on both cars, I could not have a cloud profile, as you must be primary to have a cloud profile. So I transferred ownership of the car to me and that hasn't worked yet.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Upvote 0
Our cloud profiles appeared on our two Teslas with no action on our part. The seat position is not the same in the two cars. I would like to get rid of the profiles.

IOW, be careful what you wish for.
Yea, I created a new Tesla account and moved my cars to it, and the cloud profiles worked. Now my two model 3s (21 and 23) have different driver side mirror positions.

Tesla support did say that there is a bug with cloud profiles not working for some people. I haven't asked about the mirror position yet.

Upvote 0
I can see some value for rental cars, but most settings aren't changed much. That is, it's simpler to just adjust things separately in the two cars.
I would only set up a cloud profile to use in a rental. We have a Model S and Model 3, so sharing a cloud profile between them doesn’t accomplish much, since some of the settings are incompatible. I care most about the seat/mirror positions.

@paulsalem, when you use your cloud profile in your two cars and the mirror positions are different, what happens if you adjust the mirror? Does it impact the other car?

Upvote 0