Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cloud Profiles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We recently became a two tesla family. And having previously heard about the "cloud profiles", I started looking at the car and pondering how on earth it worked.

That sorted itself out as soon as we were both granted access to both cars on the apps. It seemed to unlock the extra profiles in the car. All good.

But having set that up, I was entirely underwhelmed by it. Having a Model3 and Y, I'd sort of expected almost everything bar seat, steering wheel and mirror position would have magically transferred back and forth.

The reality was that I can't see a single thing which was transferred. Temps on air, nope. Spotify account, nope, driving preferences, nope. Don't get me wrong, there might have been something, I didn't go through every single option. But overall I don't know why I bothered.

I had created my cloud profile in the Tesla app whilst using my Model 3 (making sure to save a profile avatar picture).

Picking up a new Model Y a couple of weeks ago the cloud profile automatically set everything exactly as per the Model 3 as soon as I accessed it (driving preferences, seat position, mirrors, steering wheel, all autopilot & navigation settings including location favourites & previous destinations, heating temperature, fan speed, even the same seat heater setting that I had been using in the other car).

Every time I change something & save my cloud profile in either car, the other synchronises. A very useful feature.

Picking up a new Model Y a couple of weeks ago the cloud profile automatically set everything exactly as per the Model 3 as soon as I accessed it (driving preferences, seat position, mirrors, steering wheel, all autopilot & navigation settings including location favourites & previous destinations, heating temperature, fan speed, even the same seat heater setting that I had been using in the other car).

Every time I change something & save my cloud profile in either car, the other synchronises. A very useful feature.

Wow, that's what I'd hoped for, but not what I got. Glad it worked for you.

Are you certain you’re using cloud profiles and not local profiles in your cars?

Pretty sure , here's what happened and what I did.

Once I'd been added as a driver on the new MY, I suddenly had a new user on the M3, with my email address. So I opened that, and told it to copy my original profile into it. It also has the profile pic I added in the app. I did check it said it's had sync'd, and this was on my drive where it has wifi.

Then in the MY, I'd not created any profile at all in there, and my profile was listed, so I switched to it. It was listed at the top of the screen, where previously it had been Easy Access. Nothing changed, the seat/mirrors didn't move, nor did any settings appear to change. It too after I'd changed one said "it had synced".

Since it clearly works for others, I've a few ideas why it may be. the first being I didn't leave enough time between moving from one car to another, perhaps it needed to be more like hours, not 2 mins. I guess I'll see in due course.

Before I saved my cloud profile I took the following steps:

- Created the profile including an avatar pic on the Tesla app.

- Made sure I was then on my default mode when I was in the car.

- Then used that to overwrite & save as the settings for cloud.

…I had previously read about someone copy-saving the profile when sitting in their car but it was in Easy Entry mode & it therefore didn’t work. Your current active profile needs to be already loaded in-car as you copy & save the settings.

I’m not sure if that is the only way or even the correct way but it worked for me.

Reactions: phil4