Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clunking metal sound when accelerating and decelerating on 2023 MYLR Austin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Already made a service appointment as this is a bit frustrating. When accelerating and decelerating, you can hear a metal clunk behind the rear driver side underneath the car. It’s like something is loose and rolling around under there. Anyone else had a similar issue?

2023 MYLR Austin built. Just picked up on Tuesday.

I have noticed something very similar on my 2022 Fremont-built MYLR. It might be the same thing. Sounds as though a piece of metal goes clunk back and forth with acceleration and deceleration rather than loosely rolling around, though.

I have noticed something very similar on my 2022 Fremont-built MYLR. It might be the same thing. Sounds as though a piece of metal goes clunk back and forth with acceleration and deceleration rather than loosely rolling around, though.
I guess it’s more so a back and forth motion. I made it sound more freeing haha. But yeah, it’s like it’s just something loose going back and forth.

Yeah exactly. Thank you! Did you have this same issue? I scheduled my service appointment, hopefully it’s a fast turnaround time!
I do have the issue, and I finally have time to fix it. My friend with a MYLR had the same issue, thats why i knew what it was....seems relatively common and service told him wasn't an issue to drive, more just annoying sometimes.

I do have the issue, and I finally have time to fix it. My friend with a MYLR had the same issue, thats why i knew what it was....seems relatively common and service told him wasn't an issue to drive, more just annoying sometimes.
Definitely can be a bother. Hopefully it’s really just an axel issue and nothing bigger than that. Thanks for the help!