Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CNBC reporting 3 delivery pushed to mid-2018 or later

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The headline and article look pretty accurate. It says the delivery estimate for NEW Model 3 orders (really should be reservations) is mid-2018 or later. The article seems half finished though, there's a sentence fragment in the middle: "The much-anticipated".

It was well known that new reservations would be mid-2018 or later, but that hasn't been on the website until now.

Reactions: Red Sage
The article is slowly updating and it really isn't any new information and is talking about new reservations and the wording change some have seen on their reservation pages.

Clearly click bait, sorry for the false alarm.

The headline and article look pretty accurate. It says the delivery estimate for NEW Model 3 orders (really should be reservations) is mid-2018 or later. The article seems half finished though, there's a sentence fragment in the middle: "The much-anticipated".

It was well known that new reservations would be mid-2018 or later, but that hasn't been on the website until now.
Yes, just total FUD to rile up shorts or naysayers to impact stock price.

Hehe. The way I see it, any new reservation now is mostly likely going to be a delivery in 2019.
haha I don't think so, Tesla is still saying 373,000 reservations publically although we know this number has dropped due to everyday occurrences in people's lives. It's unavoidable but they don't want to alarm investors. Tesla is banking on a future announcement to push the reservations back up past this number at which time they will report the reservation numbers publicly again. Assuming an adequately quick ramp up and projected 2018 manufacturing levels I'd say mid 2018 is still a good bet. Especially if they get 100k out the door in 2017 which is on the low end of Elon's 100-200k estimate (if there are no unforeseen delays).

haha I don't think so, Tesla is still saying 373,000 reservations publically although we know this number has dropped due to everyday occurrences in people's lives.

I truly want the company to succeed, and perhaps 2019 was a bit pessimistic. I own a Tesla. I always want it serviced by Tesla and not a third-party. But after spending better than half of my IT career in project management, I've seen more projects 'slip' than those that were actually delivered on time and on budget.

GM fired a round over Tesla's bow with the Bolt. Sure, it's a Bolt but in 2017, or 2018, you'll probably see GM (and others) coming out with their second and third generation cars, even models that meet the needs of well-heeled, high-end buyers. Hell, GM already has a roadster (the Corvette). How much effort would it take to make the car electric and trash a P100DL? Will they eat Tesla's lunch? Will they cannibalize Tesla sales at the low-end or high-end? The sharks have smelled the blood in the water. I know, that's why I'm called sharkbait. The flood gates are open. Time to fish or cut bait, as they say.

• Disagree