TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

CNN Opinion piece about Model S fires

Discussion in 'News' started by claytorj, Dec 2, 2013.

1. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

#2 ecarfan, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    Well written and very reasonable article.

But the photo of the Model S appears to show a dull metallic gold paint color. Odd. I think the image has been altered. That color is not available from Tesla as far as I know. Maybe a custom paint job?

2. roblab

roblab Active Member

It's also the Alpha Prototype, LOOOONG before they had any ideas what colors they would offer.

3. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Yes. Appparently the so-called "news agency" called CNN has trouble finding a picture of one of the most lauded cars in history that has been in production for over a year...

4. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

The lighting is odd, but the color looks very similar to the MX prototype paint.

5. NuclearPowered

The photo is ancient history. Wish they would have kept the front rounded like the alpha though.

6. SFOTurtle

SFOTurtle Active Member

The content of the article is pretty much spot. My only real criticism is that the title of the article assumes or concludes that the Model S has "flaws" when the article itself accurately discusses the accidents, the pending investigation, and the question whether there are indeed any flaws in the design.

7. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

#8 ecarfan, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    News story titles are typically not written by the article writer, they are written by a different person whose goal is to attract attention to the piece.

Thanks for the info about the photo of the "alpha" Model S, I had not seen it before.

8. 100thMonkey

100thMonkey Member

on one hand I want a "no flaws" ruling, on the other hand, I think Tesla can do better and I hope such a ruling will not stop them from finding a way to improve the strength of the under body and bolster the overall value proposition (eg: giving us back our "low" suspension position).