Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coast to coast drive happening this year for all FSD Teslas!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1M robotaxis coming next week, FSD is solved and all non Tesla cars are obsolete. Just wait till they have flying cars next year and cybertruck makes 15M units/year in their fully automated dreadnought factory (def not a tent). I laugh at all these ICE oil shill fudsters every time a launch on them. That is until the 3rd or 4th launch when my 100k car de-rates and is slower than a camry... It's OK elon is just gonna OTA a properly designed cooling system...

I'm sorry but this is how some of y'all sound.

1M robotaxis coming next week, FSD is solved and all non Tesla cars are obsolete. Just wait till they have flying cars next year and cybertruck makes 15M units/year in their fully automated dreadnought factory (def not a tent). I laugh at all these ICE oil shill fudsters every time a launch on them. That is until the 3rd or 4th launch when my 100k car de-rates and is slower than a camry... It's OK elon is just gonna OTA a properly designed cooling system...

I'm sorry but this is how some of y'all sound.

You've got an executive sedan sized vehicle. If you want something sporty, that's not going to be it.

1. I never be able to let EAP / FSD making a left turn in a two way street intersection with no traffic light and moderate traffic..

2. Idem would be to exit a parking lot and making a left or a right turn into a street.

For me those situations would be a perfect Acid Test to validate FSD.

Basically, city driving is still very limited, if not almost impossible.

Note: in the case 2. you would need to have some camera located in front of the car and perpendicular on each side.
When I try to exit from a parking lot and I turn right to enter into a street, I have to look through the driver door window.

And most of the time I try to see the cars coming by looking inside the windshield of a car parked.
Try teaching a camera to do this.

Worse would be if the car parked has a sun-blind covering the windshield.
In this case you don't want to have the front of your car too much inside the right lane.
So you have to look not in front of the car park on the right,
but instead you need to look behind the car parked on the right,
to be able to watch the coming traffic.
I have to do this every time I exit from my garage, and this is still scary.

Thats why HW4 will come out for City FSD..

Thats why HW4 will come out for City FSD..
Will HW4 have some additional cameraon the front side of the car?

With the current camera setting behind the rear vew mirror, I don't know how a self driving car would be able to exit from a driveway.

Honestly, this is quite challenging for an human driver, and the front bumper sensors are not sufficient enough.

Reactions: CaptMhack
Will HW4 have some additional cameraon the front side of the car?

With the current camera setting behind the rear vew mirror, I don't know how a self driving car would be able to exit from a driveway.

Honestly, this is quite challenging for an human driver, and the front bumper sensors are not sufficient enough.

I think it will have new cameras and sensors as needed, for example HW3 can't detect low objects, so FSD is not possible..