Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is 2023.44.30.8 going to all cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received this version and I don’t have any form of FSD or even enhanced AP
For about six or eight months now FSD and EAP have come with all the shipping releases. If one wants it, one pays for it, and the mothership unlocks it.

The days have having to pass a safety score test before one got downloaded a working FSD release have come and gone.

Besides - if one reads the detailed release notes, it's not just the NHTSA Big Alarm when one misuses any version of autopilot. There's tons of additional stuff.

The one, of many, that caught my eye is that if the car gets into an accident and there's a phone connected to the car at the time, the car will display a count-down timer, then, if nobody stops the car from doing it, the car will call 911. (There's also an option to turn this off.)

I heard 2022's holiday update also went to all cars, then the branches diverged before being merged again now. It does seem like ...30.8 is going to all cars.
It did not happen that way. The FSD beta branch got a separate software version from the production branch during the holiday update. It had the same feature set as the production branch, but had FSD beta added to it so it had a different version number.

I switched to the FSD beta branch since early 2022 and, until 2023.44.5.1, was never on the same version as the production branch.

Reactions: mgs333 and JHCCAZ
Seconding @Supcom's comment. The main thing that happened during the holiday update time in 2022 was that the FSD types, who were lagging far behind the "mainline" versions, finally got all the non-FSD bells and whistles everybody else had been getting.

That, "Feature evening out" process had happened roughly twice a year, starting in 2021, with the FSD people very definitely on their own load line.

In fact, say that one had decided to go play in FSD-land in, say, March of 2022, and was running the "mainline" release. The problem was that the mainline release numbers were far ahead of the FSD main release numbers and, in general, Tesla wouldn't go backwards in release numbers so that those wishing to play could join the fun.

Yeah, the 2023.44.30.8 rollout was weird. My MX was at the SC for some minor stuff and I had a MX loaner. Both cars were on the .6 patch level and received the .8 patch within hours of each other. I wonder if .8 had something special in it. 🤔

The numbers on Teslafi are interesting:

As of Jan 13, at 13:27 UTC, 77.7% of the vehicles they can track have installed 2023.44.30.8.

Of the 19,530 vehicles contributing to their software version tracking statistics, 15,167 have installed it, and 3,174 are awaiting download (including me.) So, 18,341 have been offered this update, 95% of the fleet they are tracking. Geographically the installs are shown on 6 continents (although only 2 out of the 3 vehicles they track in South America and 4 of the 7 in Africa!)

All models they are tracking in their stats have received this update except MS and MX AP2 vehicles. There are installs of it on non-AP MS and MX vehicles.

Teslafi also shows one install and one pending of 2023.44.30.9 in Finland (an MS AP1) and one install of 2023.44.100.1 (an AP4 MY in the US) so something more is being tested. There is no way of knowing if one of the tesla employee's cars are included in their stats although those of you who follow this much more closely than I do probably know this from going over the updates listed in Teslafi and noting if any of them were only offered to employee's personal vehicles.

I'd be interested to see what the stats are like from other update tracking websites. Teslafi is tracking far less than 1% of the total fleet (and tracks nothing in China.)

• Informative
Reactions: RNHurt
This post on X seems to confirm the huge push of 2023.44.30.8 is related to the fact that it has become the default version for all eligible vehicles.

View attachment 1008477
I just came back from a service. I had complained that the wiper auto sensor stopped working as well as intermittent wiper settings. I hadn't recieved ...30.8 yet so they pushed it and said it should fix the issue. It got me out of the SC... LOL.
I parked the X when home and hit the update which has just finished. Guess I'll go look to see if I now have the incomplete installation that some are reporting and if the intermittent wiper now works. Too much fun. My 2002 BMW 530 has auto sensor wiper blades that work flawlessly!

I just came back from a service. I had complained that the wiper auto sensor stopped working as well as intermittent wiper settings. I hadn't recieved ...30.8 yet so they pushed it and said it should fix the...
It seems to have loaded, but details only say it fixes minor problems without mentioning...anything specific. Intermittent wiper setting now works! ...maybe only 1 speed but better than manual. Yeah our team! I'll have to wait until rain or snow to see if the auto sensor does anything.

It seems to have loaded, but details only say it fixes minor problems without mentioning...anything specific. Intermittent wiper setting now works! ...maybe only 1 speed but better than manual. Yeah our team! I'll have to wait until rain or snow to see if the auto sensor does anything.
Oh, I didn't realize the intermittent function wasn't working before. Wow, how can you screw up windshield wipers so badly!?

Reactions: Justjim