Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coffee advice for new MYP owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, and with an AWD+Boost too. Even putting the opening on any side is risky on summer tires when you start having fun. I even keep my hand on it in some situations to counter-tilt the cup in some maneuvers. My right hand is free, it's a 1-speed automatic :cool:

EDIT: Now I understand the Italians that drink the coffee at the rest stop before leaving instead of taking it "to go". I quickly started respecting that tradition when I visited Italy with a rental car.

Reactions: MrJeep997
Yep, and with an AWD+Boost too. Even putting the opening on any side is risky on summer tires when you start having fun. I even keep my hand on it in some situations to counter-tilt the cup in some maneuvers. My right hand is free, it's a 1-speed automatic :cool:

EDIT: Now I understand the Italians that drink the coffee at the rest stop before leaving instead of taking it "to go". I quickly started respecting that tradition when I visited Italy with a rental car.
As a Paisano I should take a cue from this.

• Love
Reactions: GtiMart
I've been asking that they not fill the cups too much, with mixed responses. Some don't understand that I want less for the same price :D
I've done that, explaining to the McDonald's staff to leave room at the top so the coffee does not spill. When they see me now that must think, "here comes that crazy guy who wants less for his money."

During 2020 during the first wave of Covid, at time periods where most restaurants were closed, McDonald's became my go to spot for carry out breakfast. I became a fan of the McDonald's sausage burrito. I learned that each sausage burrito was wrapped, sealed with a small round sticker. The sticker is reusable and works well to seal the opening in the molded top to the McDonald's coffee cup. I had a Model S loaner vehicle for a week; somewhere in Tesla's inventory is a Model S with several stickers with the word "Sausage"stuck to the sun visor.