Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cold weather warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good for you. I think you are missing the point.

Why should people need an operating manual to learn how to roll down their windows or open their car door? It’s an absurd design failure.
There’s instructions on how to open a cornflake packet on the outside of a box nowadays lol. Completely pointless but they are there😂😂

There’s instructions on how to open a cornflake packet on the outside of a box nowadays lol. Completely pointless but they are there😂😂
I can't think of one car in the last 40 years (except one that I built myself) that I didn't need to refer to the manual to find which switch did what or what a warning light meant.
Have you bought any new kitchen appliances recently?

reminds me of a Iron I bought years ago that had a warning on the label.. Never iron clothes while they are being worn!! 🤯

Back on topic when I got in my car this morning (below zero outside), I noticed a helpful on screen message (where the cards briefly appear), that when pressed took me to the Cold Weather Best practice section of the manual on the screen.

Back on topic when I got in my car this morning (below zero outside), I noticed a helpful on screen message (where the cards briefly appear), that when pressed took me to the Cold Weather Best practice section of the manual on the screen.

I seem to be getting this pop up every single time the outside temperature is low. While I can swipe down on to dismiss it, I don't understand why it insists on trying to get me to launch an extremely slow browser-based manual every time.

Problem solved!
Agreed to allow Tesla to remotely check my car.
They came back with a “worst-case” $ estimate of $2,200+. I accepted and planned to have service.
I then got in my car, and the cold-weather alerts had disappeared, and haven’t returned.
Thank you, Tesla!