Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collection Cancellation!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was called at 3pm today and told my car (due to collect at Heathrow tomorrow) had come off the transporter with a cracked roof, and replacement not available until late October.

Having just sold my current car (today) - I am expecting Tesla to make good here, and provide a courtesy car until resolved, but no luck yet.

Delivery team are trying to match another one for me, or provide 'another solution' - promised a call back, but heard nothing at all.

Advice on whether to go to Heathrow tomorrow as instructed by last 'official' email?

Thinking I should go, at least get face to face with the team. Now have no car - so nothing to lose! Anyone else been in this position?

Was called at 3pm today and told my car (due to collect at Heathrow tomorrow) had come off the transporter with a cracked roof, and replacement not available until late October.

Having just sold my current car (today) - I am expecting Tesla to make good here, and provide a courtesy car until resolved, but no luck yet.

Delivery team are trying to match another one for me, or provide 'another solution' - promised a call back, but heard nothing at all.

Advice on whether to go to Heathrow tomorrow as instructed by last 'official' email?

Thinking I should go, at least get face to face with the team. Now have no car - so nothing to lose! Anyone else been in this position?

Be glad they told you and not hoped that you wouldn't notice as Heathrow seem to be interested in getting people out of the door rather than making things are perfect and make you come back for a service appointment.

Its likely they will find you another car but its unlikely to be the same day as I would think all the cars would have been allocated but saying that the unallocated cars would probably end up at Heathrow anyway

Thanks a good mix of optimism and realism! I'll take the 'will find me another car' bit and run with it.

Can only imagine how bad the damage must have been.......I'll probably go down anyhow, as I have no transport unless they give me a car, and I suspect having a loaner may prioritise things.....

Reactions: Rooster6655

Sorry to hear that. So disappointing. I’m now nervous that I won’t get my car (which I’m desperate for) on Thursday. Didn’t cross my mind that there might be such significant in transit damage. I hope they help you out with an interim car or indeed find you a ‘spare’ from a cancellation. Otherwise you might have to join the ‘I’m having to cycle everywhere’ category of car waiters (as I’m in).

Sorry to hear that. So disappointing. I’m now nervous that I won’t get my car (which I’m desperate for) on Thursday. Didn’t cross my mind that there might be such significant in transit damage. I hope they help you out with an interim car or indeed find you a ‘spare’ from a cancellation. Otherwise you might have to join the ‘I’m having to cycle everywhere’ category of car waiters (as I’m in).

50 mile commute each way for me, cycling not really an option (although I'll get fit if I try it.....)

Reactions: freekie
Thanks a good mix of optimism and realism! I'll take the 'will find me another car' bit and run with it.

Can only imagine how bad the damage must have been.......I'll probably go down anyhow, as I have no transport unless they give me a car, and I suspect having a loaner may prioritise things.....

Good luck, if you have a chance please spy on them and report back how busy they are and make sure they aren't delivering defective cars!

I wouldn't waste your time going down there, they've done you the courtesy of letting you know of the issue. Standing in front of them and effectively obstructing others' efforts of getting their cars seems a bit of a low class move, if you ask me.

At least give them a few days to come up with a solution.

From another thread

UPDATE - Nobody called me back, am now in limbo with no idea whether I should go to Heathrow tomorrow (2 hour journey) in the hope that someone there can sort out a temporary car for me. Thinking I probably will do that, as I still have the last formal communication telling me to do so.

Such a PITA, and right on the brink of getting your car. You must be royally p*ssed off, I know I would be.

Hopefully they’ll come up with some solution for you. Personally I wouldn’t go on spec tomorrow. If they’ve nothing for you you’re just going to be even more upset. But your choice ATEOTD!

Good luck whatever you decide.

Reactions: ME_UK
I do agree - but I cannot be 4 weeks without a car, and wonder how I could collect one if I didn’t go down....also have formal instruction to do so....
Where are you getting '4 weeks' from? It sounds to me like your last formal communication was that they were trying to find an option for you, but haven't come back with the details. Unless I'm missing something, I'd say you should be waiting for that follow up, not hanging your hope on the delivery email which feels to me at least like it has been superseded by your earlier call.

Where are you getting '4 weeks' from? It sounds to me like your last formal communication was that they were trying to find an option for you, but haven't come back with the details. Unless I'm missing something, I'd say you should be waiting for that follow up, not hanging your hope on the delivery email which feels to me at least like it has been superseded by your earlier call.

Four weeks was the estimate given before another car could be shipped in......