Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collection Cancellation!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was called at 3pm today and told my car (due to collect at Heathrow tomorrow) had come off the transporter with a cracked roof, and replacement not available until late October.

Having just sold my current car (today) - I am expecting Tesla to make good here, and provide a courtesy car until resolved, but no luck yet.

Delivery team are trying to match another one for me, or provide 'another solution' - promised a call back, but heard nothing at all.

Advice on whether to go to Heathrow tomorrow as instructed by last 'official' email?

Thinking I should go, at least get face to face with the team. Now have no car - so nothing to lose! Anyone else been in this position?

I had a similar issue with my wife's model 3. Ordered it in Leeds but was called by Tesla and asked if I could collect in Manchester to expedite delivery. Had a collection appointment of 4pm last Friday (Sept 20). Got the train over to Manchester and received a phone call at 2:30pm telling me the car hadn't arrived but would be there at 3pm the next day, Saturday. I received a call Saturday AM to tell me the car had again been delayed and was still in Southampton! I was pretty annoyed as I had paid for the car, was insuring it and had sold my wife's car. After a little complaining the Manchester centre agreed to lend me a car (P100d - not been cleaned) until ours arrives. Received a call yesterday (Monday 23rd) informing me the car had been delivered to the wrong port Southampton instead of Kilingholme. They are delivering the car to my home on Sunday. It all just seems a bit amateurish to me. How can they not no that a car is not on a particular delivery truck etc?

I had a similar issue with my wife's model 3. Ordered it in Leeds but was called by Tesla and asked if I could collect in Manchester to expedite delivery. Had a collection appointment of 4pm last Friday (Sept 20). Got the train over to Manchester and received a phone call at 2:30pm telling me the car hadn't arrived but would be there at 3pm the next day, Saturday. I received a call Saturday AM to tell me the car had again been delayed and was still in Southampton! I was pretty annoyed as I had paid for the car, was insuring it and had sold my wife's car. After a little complaining the Manchester centre agreed to lend me a car (P100d - not been cleaned) until ours arrives. Received a call yesterday (Monday 23rd) informing me the car had been delivered to the wrong port Southampton instead of Kilingholme. They are delivering the car to my home on Sunday. It all just seems a bit amateurish to me. How can they not no that a car is not on a particular delivery truck etc?

That's my challenge right now - I do trust them to sort it out, I have a new VIN in my account, and my Final Invoice 3, and an appointment confirmation for today at 1pm. I thought the delivery team line opened at 8am - however it looks like Amsterdam cover that first hour so awaiting confirmation to travel down.

The reality for me is that I still need a car tomorrow, so it may be that the only way to obtain one is to go and plead my case and hope (like you) that I'll get a loaner at least for a few days.....

How can they not no that a car is not on a particular delivery truck etc?
Well it’s not like it’s worth much - it’s only a £40-50k car ;)

Seriously though, I gather the logistics problems are because Tesla are using one company to do all the car movements to SC in the UK, and they’re simply not very good!
Hope you get your own car very soon.

Reactions: ME_UK
That's my challenge right now - I do trust them to sort it out, I have a new VIN in my account, and my Final Invoice 3, and an appointment confirmation for today at 1pm. I thought the delivery team line opened at 8am - however it looks like Amsterdam cover that first hour so awaiting confirmation to travel down.

The reality for me is that I still need a car tomorrow, so it may be that the only way to obtain one is to go and plead my case and hope (like you) that I'll get a loaner at least for a few days.....
Best of luck for today, OP.

I wonder whether they could handover the car to you and then deal with the roof issue as an (immediate) SC visit? Thus getting you a loaner in the interim. Perhaps a question worth posing to them.

Reactions: ME_UK
Was called at 3pm today and told my car (due to collect at Heathrow tomorrow) had come off the transporter with a cracked roof, and replacement not available until late October.

Having just sold my current car (today) - I am expecting Tesla to make good here, and provide a courtesy car until resolved, but no luck yet.

Delivery team are trying to match another one for me, or provide 'another solution' - promised a call back, but heard nothing at all.

Advice on whether to go to Heathrow tomorrow as instructed by last 'official' email?

Thinking I should go, at least get face to face with the team. Now have no car - so nothing to lose! Anyone else been in this position?
seriously making me think I should wait until I have the tesla before I sell my car even though I cant really afford to ahev 2 very high loans running (x2 400ish) loans
my plan is sell the car payback the laoni used to buyout the pcp and then run with the tesla pcp (overall im 100 better off trust me done the maths haha!)
annnyyway with all this crap going off I think I need to keep my car until the tesla is on my drive!

Reactions: ringi
seriously making me think I should wait until I have the tesla before I sell my car even though I cant really afford to ahev 2 very high loans running (x2 400ish) loans
my plan is sell the car payback the laoni used to buyout the pcp and then run with the tesla pcp (overall im 100 better off trust me done the maths haha!)
annnyyway with all this crap going off I think I need to keep my car until the tesla is on my drive!

As wiser folks have pointed out, forums are places to vent......probably 99% of deliveries are probably happening on time and to everyone's satisfaction......

Reactions: ThrustSSC
Resolved pretty well - another car found with matching spec, and will be able to collect on Friday. Leaves me with some issue this week, but not insurmountable...... hopefully the prior allocated owner didn't reject it for any quality issues!
A good result mate. We could all do well to remember that we collectively have it within our gift to make things better if we act with common sense and pragmatism. You've done well to keep your head.

Reactions: phillcom3 and ME_UK
Resolved pretty well - another car found with matching spec, and will be able to collect on Friday. Leaves me with some issue this week, but not insurmountable...... hopefully the prior allocated owner didn't reject it for any quality issues!
what was the matching spec? when I called the other day to see why id idnt have a vin yet when promised September early October they couldn't even find a cancelation to fit let alone a matching spec

what was the matching spec? when I called the other day to see why id idnt have a vin yet when promised September early October they couldn't even find a cancelation to fit let alone a matching spec

Managed to find me a White/White SR+ that someone cancelled last night, and so I got allocated it. I guess having an appointment cancelled less than 24 hours below meant that I got priority (for which I am thankful). As I said in prior post, whoever had it also specified FSD which is being removed.

Reactions: Andrew_SE23
Glad you got sorted - must admit I'm a bit worried reading this having sold my car last Saturday in advance of delivery this Saturday - I'm not sure how I'd cope if I had to drive (and pay for) the world's slowest hire car for another month (think 15.5 secs to 60...).

Crossing my fingers mine arrives intact!