Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color Decisions! Help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI everyone its been some time since i posted, I was set to order a model s last month but changed my mind. Im now ready to order and need any suggestions on colors.
Here are my options
1.Grey/grey with lacewood 60
2.Grey/tan with lacewood 60
3.Blue/tan with lacewood 60
4.Green/tan with lacewood 60
I like grey but I am not sure if it is a dull light grey. Also im not sure how it would look with the 19 wheels. Any suggestions or pictures would help. Thanks in advance :) :biggrin:

Last edited:
I think the Grey looks really good. I haven't seen one with 19 in wheels. The one I did see had grey wheels and it looked awesome. I have seen silver with the 19 in wheels and it looked very nice. I think the grey with 19 in wheels would look equally good. I also like the grey interior. I didn't get a grey interior because I bought a brown exterior.

I vote for option #1

Congratulations on the decision to buy. You will not be disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -

The photos are helpful, but everyone of those colors looks better in real life (especially the grey).

I've got a grey/grey with lacewood and I love it. I also have the 19's. I've attached a picture of my nephew and I at the factory picking it up.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375129177.984582.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375129177.984582.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 422
Since you’re asking, so FWIW:

Of the choices available I would rank them like this:

1.Grey/tan with lacewood 60
2.Green/tan with lacewood 60
3.Blue/tan with lacewood 60
4.Grey/grey with lacewood 60

Caveat: I haven’t seen anything in person. So this is just based on video/photos, personal preferences and other TMC’ers opinions.

For me tan is a personal preference over grey as interior color. And since I’m perhaps kind of lacy when it comes to cleaning cars, it’s my understanding that grey looks decent longer than green since the green is darker. And since it’s my understanding that grey is lighter than green, it should also be a little cooler when the sun is shining. And finally; green is a personal preference over blue.

Since I prefer to not clean cars, and also like cars as cool as possible when the sun is shining, I personally would get the silver, which as I understand it is the color that shows dirt the least. And since black is easier to keep looking mint than tan (or grey), I would get a black interior (it's also a personal preference). Silver also reflects the most sun radiation, so it also wins from a global warming standpoint (I know, probably a really miniscule effect, but what the heck, why not.). As I understand it silver is also a good choice come resale, and finally, it's a personal preference.

- - - Update: - - -

I kind of skipped on the lacewood-part of the question. Since I haven't seen the interior décor-trim choices in person I guess I should refrain from commenting on that part...

Last edited:
IMO, Lacewood goes best with grey interior - so if your set on that, I agree with grey/grey (although I love my blue/tan/obeche matte).

I have EXACTLY the same options as mark and I will say this:

- Blue does not stand out in a crowd beyond the 10 foot rule (you can slip in and out of unsuspecting crowds without tipping them to your impeccable choice of auto)
- the Blue over tan is classy: not that others aren't, but it gives a traditional feel
- the Blue is actually two colors in one. Black in the night time and under cover of cloud ... blue in the sun.

Ultimately the choice is yours.

Best of luck.

WJ

IMO, Lacewood goes best with grey interior - so if your set on that, I agree with grey/grey (although I love my blue/tan/obeche matte).

I agree that the Lacewood seems to go better with the grey interior.
But my observation is the tan interior better complements the roof liner material (beige) color.
So I do prefer the tan interior.

I did spend some time in a gallery looking at the actual color and material samples, thought I wanted Silver, and finally got the Dolphin Grey.
(Kudos to the Design Team responsible for how well they are thought out)

IMO, The slight wood grain coloration inside the obeche goes very well with the tan interior.

(I love MY grey/tan/obeche gloss).
My second choice after seeing one at the SC would be the green. It is beautiful in a full color application on a car, changes to a very nice dark, almost black at night.

Colors and materials are a (highly) personal choice.
At the end of the day: GET WHAT MAKES YOUR HEART HAPPY!

Blue/tan/obeche matte is gorgeous. Still in my two week window and was going to go with silver/black/obeche matte but maybe I should go back to the blue. Thought silver would be the easiest to maintain and look good the longest.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and opinions. I think im going grey/tan with 19s. But now questioning whether to get a 60 or a p85. I was thinking 60 until i started thinking about the acceleration I would get with the p85. Any opinions/ suggestions?

…/But now questioning whether to get a 60 or a p85. I was thinking 60 until i started thinking about the acceleration I would get with the p85. Any opinions/ suggestions?
This thread seems to be about the same dilemma:

Test drive Model S P85 or buy 60kWh?

Might be worth checking out…

- - - Updated - - -

Some more discussion here:

40 to P85 - The Journey from sensible to HOLY SH*T

- - - Updated - - -

And here:

60 vs 85: initial burst, 0-50 or so - how different does it feel?

- - - Updated - - -

Also: Since you seem to be giving your purchase some thought, this aspect of color choice might be something you’d want to consider:

I bought a yellow Roadster not to draw attention to myself, but because the Roadster was the only EV available and as much I loved the Thunder Gray, I live in Seattle and I don't want to drive a 44" tall car that blends in with wet pavement. (My wife and I have long had a discussion about tradeoffs between efficient vehicles and safe vehicles; it is hard to make a big safe vehicle more efficient, but you can make a small efficient vehicle more safe by minor changes like color choice).

(From this thread: Multi-coat red...too flashy? - Page 4)

This thread seems to be about the same dilemma:

Test drive Model S P85 or buy 60kWh?

Might be worth checking out…

- - - Updated - - -

Some more discussion here:

40 to P85 - The Journey from sensible to HOLY SH*T

- - - Updated - - -

And here:

60 vs 85: initial burst, 0-50 or so - how different does it feel?

- - - Updated - - -

Also: Since you seem to be giving your purchase some thought, this aspect of color choice might be something you’d want to consider:

Thanks, I think im going to go with 60 grey/tan. A p85 doesnt make sense because I could probably get one for 50 percent of the current value in a few years. :)