Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

COLOR - HELP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, getting ready to place deposit down for my 1st ever Tesla
Been on the forum of the past year reading, watching, admiring and it is FINALLY my time to join the family
I only have 2 color options in mind but seem to be having a REALLY tough time trying to make a decision and 12/31 is coming fast so......here are my 2 options:

White exterior / Black Interior / 22" Black Wheels
This combo I just love, looks so clean, shows the lines well and really shows off the 22" wheels.....simple yet stunning

Blue exterior / White Interior / 22" Black Wheels
This combo continues to intrigue and grow on me......I just love the shade of Blue that T uses and can only imagine this when coated with Ceramic Pro.......the white interior option is not my fav BUT continues to intrigue me and I have that "WOW THAT IS SO COOL" thought overtime I see it and with the MX being so tech advanced and spaceship-like inside the white interior just emphasizes the whole thought, not to mention I don't see that "WOW" factor getting old or boring too quick......kids are older and don't put pets in my car so white doesn't concern me from a keeping clean factor

Hence my dilemma......any thoughts, advice or guidance from those that may own or would want to own either color combo?

TY!!

Hi everyone, getting ready to place deposit down for my 1st ever Tesla
Been on the forum of the past year reading, watching, admiring and it is FINALLY my time to join the family
I only have 2 color options in mind but seem to be having a REALLY tough time trying to make a decision and 12/31 is coming fast so......here are my 2 options:

White exterior / Black Interior / 22" Black Wheels
This combo I just love, looks so clean, shows the lines well and really shows off the 22" wheels.....simple yet stunning

Blue exterior / White Interior / 22" Black Wheels
This combo continues to intrigue and grow on me......I just love the shade of Blue that T uses and can only imagine this when coated with Ceramic Pro.......the white interior option is not my fav BUT continues to intrigue me and I have that "WOW THAT IS SO COOL" thought overtime I see it and with the MX being so tech advanced and spaceship-like inside the white interior just emphasizes the whole thought, not to mention I don't see that "WOW" factor getting old or boring too quick......kids are older and don't put pets in my car so white doesn't concern me from a keeping clean factor

Hence my dilemma......any thoughts, advice or guidance from those that may own or would want to own either color combo?

TY!!
Again, very personal but for me having been in an X with black interior was just to dark and cave like. We love the blue and went with the tan interior.

You can get a lot of exposure to the blue/white I watching some of Bjorn's latest videos. Nice combo. I like my cave like black over black interior. White interior is holding up well b all reports. Choice between your choices comes down to how you might feel inside the car. IMO think that blue isn't going to get old anytime soon.

We have white exterior, white interior (seats) with black headliner and carbon fiber - basically a storm trooper. Our thought was the most technologically advanced car should look the part. But we have a red/tan Model S, so there's lots of beauty out there.

White seats have been a non-issue to clean and are softer than leather. Despite others' feeling we don't see them as sterile, simply clean. Good luck, happy to answer any other questions (such as 6-seat vs. 7-seat, etc.)

I've been a black interior guy for basically all of my life. But I just picked up a Blue/Ultrawhite 6 seater 90D today. The white interior is amazing. I had a dark interior in my Ford Flex without he pano roof and, while I liked that car, it was definitely cave-like inside there. Since this is going to be our family car I wanted things to be a bit cheerier inside and I'm happy I went with the UW interior.

I vote blue over white as I passionately dislike white cars. White is such a "fast" color the the human eye doesn't pickup on the design subtleties the way less reflective (slower) colors do. That is why colors such as greys, browns and some silver's really accentuate the lines of a car. But if forced the choose between white and blue I vote blue all the way. And the white interior, while VERY at home in Tony's 80's Miami Scarface waterfront mansion, gets the nod over any of the leather interiors as leather is always a pain in the arse to keep up and maintain. I love vinyl seating surfaces... Tough, durable and often times easy to repair or replace if need be. I have a interior design friend that actually knew the manufacturer or the white vinyl used in Teslas Ultra White interiors and she raved about the product and the company that produces it. Said it was "really good stuff...".

I have the black interior with blue car. Love the blue. The black is fine. I got to drive a signature model x with white interior for a week while adjustments were being made on my model x. I thought the white was more comfortable. As for looks that would be harder to weigh in on. In hindsight, I might have gone with white if I were the only decision maker in the equation mostly because I love how the seats feels. It would be really smart if Tesla started offering the synthetic leather in more colors.

If you haven't, ask to sit in both the black seats and the ultra white. There's absolutely a difference in feel. Also, the pictures on the website don't do the car justice.

For my part, I think the ultra white feels and looks the best. I wasn't even considering the S an option longterm until ultrawhite + the new seats became an option.

Reactions: pilotSteve
We went with the white exterior which I swore I would never do. We're originally from Arizona and pretty much everyone had a white car. BORING! I loved the grey but we have had a grey Camry for the last 8 years so I felt like it was time for a change. Red was too red for me, blue reminded me of our son's Scion, black I adore but we are terrible about washing cars, silver..meh so I finally landed on white. I seriously agonized over every single choice. The white seats are absolutely the most comfortable and one of us reeeeeeaaaaaalllllllly wanted them but I just couldn't get past the 80's vibe and I worried that they are cool now but would look the most dated. We didn't want leather so that left us with the black multi-pattern. They aren't as comfortable as the white but seriously they are so much more comfortable than any car we've ever owned so we're happy. I mean come on, we have a freakin' TESLA. Also, I love the white exterior! I think ultimately you will love whatever you end up with because it will be yours. Have fun agonizing :)