Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats @GhostTrigger! Welcome to the VIN club!
Thanks! 😄
Anybody know how to claim the Colorado Tax Credit once we finally obtain our new cars? Does Tesla provide the form we need or what do we have to keep to prove it for next years return?
Can find all the info here:

There’s a “claiming the credit” section on page 4. I did it last year for a 2020 M3 and submitted the DR 0617 form and the MVPA I believe. I initially did my taxes without submitting that form and received a letter in the mail a month or two later explaining what I needed to provide to get the credit. Took them a few weeks to review and approve it.

Thanks! 😄

Can find all the info here:

There’s a “claiming the credit” section on page 4. I did it last year for a 2020 M3 and submitted the DR 0617 form and the MVPA I believe. I initially did my taxes without submitting that form and received a letter in the mail a month or two later explaining what I needed to provide to get the credit. Took them a few weeks to review and approve it.
Thank you!!!

Question - having some second thoughts about my original order design. Ordered a Model Y 7 seater last week (EDD November 2022 - Jan 2023), silver, 19” wheels, no tow, no FSD, but I’m now thinking about wanting the tow hitch and possibly the 20” induction wheels (probably not but my wife keeps pestering me). If i were to make changes to my design, will this impact my line in the queue? I know the disclaimer says it “could impact delivery timing” so I wanted to know if anyone has had any issues doing changes/modifications to their original order and if it caused a delay?

Question - having some second thoughts about my original order design. Ordered a Model Y 7 seater last week (EDD November 2022 - Jan 2023), silver, 19” wheels, no tow, no FSD, but I’m now thinking about wanting the tow hitch and possibly the 20” induction wheels (probably not but my wife keeps pestering me). If i were to make changes to my design, will this impact my line in the queue? I know the disclaimer says it “could impact delivery timing” so I wanted to know if anyone has had any issues doing changes/modifications to their original order and if it caused a delay?
From what I’ve seen, when you are that far out it doesn’t really make any difference. Though that is just speculation.

As an afterthought, I wanted to add a tow hitch as well. I went to the Tesla Store and inquired about it. At this point, I was about 7 weeks from my initial order date. The SA advised me not to do it and the it would certainly create a delay. I will schedule an appointment to add it when I accept the vehicle and pay the extra $300 to get it. To @taumax 's point, you just ordered your MY and are a far way out and it may not matter. I would pull the trigger sooner than later. Good Luck.

That change this far out should be fine. Are you sure you want the 20s in Colorado though? Mine comes with 21s (no other option) and I already have an appointment on the same day I take delivery to replace them with 19s.

I texted Tesla over the weekend, they said they lose tracking while they are on trains...they were hoping for updates Monday. So here I am anxiously awaiting. Weird that I am now officially within my EDD....without having delivery scheduled. Fingers crossed we hear something today!

It bothers me that it says "Complete your tasks to avoid delays in delivery" yet there is nothing I can do till I have delivery scheduled.

Reactions: DesertEagle
I texted Tesla over the weekend, they said they lose tracking while they are on trains...they were hoping for updates Monday. So here I am anxiously awaiting. Weird that I am now officially within my EDD....without having delivery scheduled. Fingers crossed we hear something today!

It bothers me that it says "Complete your tasks to avoid delays in delivery" yet there is nothing I can do till I have delivery scheduled.
've had product moved all over the world, by boat, planes, trains and automobiles. The rail system can get pretty weird.

I don't like that the app shows that as well. I'm 100% ready to go, nothing to complete and just waiting to schedule. One odd thing is that I had to communicate with the Aurora location to submit my financing information. As far as I know, I'm still expecting to pick up from Littleton. Maybe that'll change? 🤷🏼‍♂️

've had product moved all over the world, by boat, planes, trains and automobiles. The rail system can get pretty weird.

I don't like that the app shows that as well. I'm 100% ready to go, nothing to complete and just waiting to schedule. One odd thing is that I had to communicate with the Aurora location to submit my financing information. As far as I know, I'm still expecting to pick up from Littleton. Maybe that'll change? 🤷🏼‍♂️
Ya, I ship stuff all over the world and UP is one of the most complicated and least organized systems that I've been able to attempt to understand.

As an afterthought, I wanted to add a tow hitch as well. I went to the Tesla Store and inquired about it. At this point, I was about 7 weeks from my initial order date. The SA advised me not to do it and the it would certainly create a delay. I will schedule an appointment to add it when I accept the vehicle and pay the extra $300 to get it. To @taumax 's point, you just ordered your MY and are a far way out and it may not matter. I would pull the trigger sooner than later. Good Luck.

if you are a DIY guy you can install it yourself

Model Y Hitch Install

Reactions: DesertEagle